Happy Pug Friday. I'm sorry I watch this video at least once a month. I can't help but laugh. Happy Pug Friday everyone :) I promise I'll be back highlighting rescues, but I haven't had much time to blog in the past couple of weeks.
I'll be honest I was literally scared of this run today...I'm serious. I have repeated 2 of the previous weeks and I thought I might have needed to repeat the 8 min interval runs, but I was shocked at how well I did.
I hit the about 9 min mark of the 20 mins and actually hit my second wind...I didn't even know I had a second wind...turns out I do.
I'm so proud of myself today. Its a great feeling.
So instead I bring you my most favorite puggie in the whole wide world....my own puggie, Milo. Yes I know what you are all thinking...yes Dan and Gorgina did steal my pug's name to name their baby... no worries I ain't a hater :)
Happy Pug Friday!!
Which can be yours for a cool $3k. ummm yeah not gonna happen at all. So what's a girl to do with oh about zero dollars to spend on this.
Not too bad if I do say so myself... oh sorry for the craptastic pictures, they are all taken with my blackberry...someone has lost the charger for the camera :(
I would love to make Pioneer Woman's BBQ Chicken Pizza. But to be honest, I'm not interested in making my own dough and sometimes I want to make dinner in under 30 minutes....don't you?
So how do I make this pizza the lazy ass way...
Well I buy the pre-made pizza crust in wheat or regular. You could also buy the premade dough if you wish, but that adds to the work/time level.
What else will you need...
small purple onion thinly sliced
pre-cooked chicken strips ( I prefer Tyson, oven roasted)
Shredded or whole mozzarella cheese sliced
BBQ sauce ( I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
1. Coat the pizza crust with BBQ sauce like you would pizza sauce.
2. Add a thin layer of cheese
3. Add the onions and chicken
4. Then add more cheese
Cook at the suggested heat level on the crust package till the cheese is bubbly.
Then eat and enjoy.
I also love to use pre-made pesto instead of sauce and add garden fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese.
Who said you can't have dinner on the table in 20 minutes...not this girl...
Well Alan, first and foremost I want to THANK YOU. I want thank you for bringing the wondrously amazing Mrs. Harris' books to life. Thank you for letting the world know about these great characters and bringing them into our homes on Sunday nights for 12 weeks (only 12 flipping weeks?). HBO I understand you like to bring on new programming...like constantly, but seriously only 12...Boo.
But I do have a bone to pick with you and your writing team. While obviously brilliant and creative you have taken TOO MUCH creative liberties with a book series that is too widely loved. You have made changes to the story lines in season 2 and 3 that make books in the series too improbable now. While some changes are good... i.e. Lafayette others have disastrous consequences...I'm talking about MARY ANN and FAE here (and Hot Shot/Calvin Norris). You have messed with characters and story lines so much that its beginning to make me dislike the show at certain times.
For non-book readers...sorry if I disappoint you or give away anything..look away.
1. Godric is not Eric's maker. This PISSED me off. Godric is a great character in the book and in the show. Godric, I think was a much more interesting character in the book. Now you'll never see Eric's actual maker and all that entails.
2. Shapeshifters in general... One the 1st born can be true shapeshifter. Sam's whole backward ass, white trash family doesn't even exist in the book. I hate that ENTIRE story line. Tommy I'm pretty sure you're not dead but I hope you are.
3. Vampires cannot cut their hair. You are who you were when you were made. Yes Eric looks much hotter with his hair now, but it makes absolutely NO SENSE.
4. Project Werewolf....Boo.... The Alcide/Debbie Pelt story line is strong, why did you feel the need to f with it. Debbie doesn't have to be so white trash...plus she's not a werewolf she's a werefox. Another reason her and Alcide can't be together...he needs to produce a werewolf child.
5. While I like seeing Hadley and her son...and I'm glad you're introducing them earlier than the books did, its obvious that her death and everything that entails won't be seen in the series.
6. The Queen...OMG the Queen. Awful god awful casting. In the books, while young-looking, she's strong and forceful, and deserves respect. ERW sucks...no pun intended. FYI - the last scene with her and Bill...Cheap Matrix SNL looking skit...BOO.
7. Jason...OMG Jason. I didn't mind the v-fueled relationship of the past, hell I didn't even mind the Fellowship of the Sun diversion. But I hate who you are letting him become.
8. Hot Shot...well yes they are inbred and well...different but they aren't toothless meth heads. They are a close knit 'pack' that needs to ensure the continuation of their 'kind'. And since only 2 pureblood shifters can create a pure shifter with the 1st child (see above) its important that that occurs...hence the inbreeding.
9. Jessica....I don't like Jessica nor the Magistrate or that nasty PR woman. NONE OF THAT IS IN THE BOOKS. They are not explaining the vamp politics correctly.
10. Tara...I'm sorry Tara but you're one annoying ass character. I much preferred you as a peripheral character in the books.
11. MARY ANN - SUCKED. Horrible, I almost stopped watching last season because I HATED that story line that much. And P.S. can we clean Sookie's house already. I'm so tired of looking at the nastiness.
12. Fae...seriously Alan Ball, seriously. This is important in the following books. You have totally screwed up the entire story line with the fae. Every single thing is wrong except her name is Claudine. That I do believe is the SINGLE BIGGEST CRIME you have made against this show....well that and Mary Ann.
13. UMMMM Alan...we all had hoped you were going to end season 3 with Eric...running naked through the woods to Sookie's house. That's the way you, I, and every single red-blooded woman (and gay man) knows it should have went down. You're introducing witches, great...actually I called it early on that you were making Jesus a witch.
So let's get down to brass tacks here Mr. Ball. Here's what needs to happen in Season 4 or else I know quite a few avid and loving True Blood fans might not be coming back...
1. We need to drop Bill like the bad habit he is.
2. Eric story line from Book 4 starting with naked run and progressing to...HELLO SHOWER SCENE, etc. etc.
3. The witch story line needs to be developed and not f'd up.
4. You better have not killed off Calvin. You better stop with the white trash Hot Shot crap.
5. Please let Tara leave town...we don't want her anyway.
6. Stop with the Sam's dumb family and his annoying as brother.
7. Fae - please don't ruin the fae storyline. Its important. Claudine and her brother and sister are important to the story moving forward.
8. Debbie Pelt, she's an important character can we make her less trashy and redneck.
Thank you for your time Alan. I'm sure you've stuck with me throughout this post. I'm sure you're an avid reader of my blog you've always been too afraid to comment...no worries I completely understand.
If you have any questions or if you would like to run some story lines by me...no fear I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.
p.s. Shower Scene... you and I both know any scene with Eric naked boosts ratings... just remember those 2 words - SHOWER SCENE...that is all.
- Following is from DFW Pug Rescue Club's Website.
Two months ago some of our most dedicated volunteers rescued 14 pugs from terrible conditions in a Marlow, Oklahoma, puppy mill. Three of these pugs were pregnant when we brought them into our care, and required immediate vet assistance. Now the Marlow Puppies have arrived! Thirteen puppies were born but only seven survived. One puppy is not doing well and may need a liver shunt to survive. Our doctors confirmed that these females should not have been bred again, and one of the females had an emergency C-section to save her and her babies.
Dallas Fort Worth Pug Rescue is in desperate need of donations to help with these little ones, and to cover the cost of the medical care that has already been given to the mothers. While we are struggling to catch up on bills from the puppy mill rescue 2 months ago, the pugs are continuing to pour in, with 10 to 15 per week coming into our care from all corners of the Metroplex. Every pug that we receive goes directly to our vets to be spayed, neutered, heartworm tested and treated if needed, and given up to date vaccinations.
Please help us to keep our doors open at this critical time in our history. Please donate to help our pugs. Please fill out an adoption application for the Marlow Rescue Pugs and help us to give these pugs the love they have always deserved.
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
I wore them on my run yesterday and love them. They are a step up from my previous Asics and I can definitely feel the difference.
So how is everyone else's running going? I hear alot of you have recently started C 2 5k, its awesome isn't it? I'd love to hear your stories.
Project Get Sexy is still pushing right along.
Sadly we had to put our 2 furbabies in the kennel, and let me tell you they are still tired lil boys, and probably still a lil pissed off at us. I hate putting them in a kennel, Milo hasn't been boarded in almost 4 years and last time Charlie was boarded he cried and didn't want to eat....yeah needless to say we were worried.
Thankfully, it looks like all went well, except the kennel owner kept calling Milo by the wrong name....he kept calling him Otis. Yeah...I know. But enough of me being the crazy dog mama that I am.
The trip was jammed packed with family, friends, and tons o' fun. I got to see my mama, Mr's grandma, our newest nephew, my grandpa, and tons of friends. We got to attend a fabulous wedding at a gorgeous venue, drank too much champagne and danced our booties off.
I seriously love attending weddings, especially those of my friends. I miss my friends so very much and its wonderful to get to see them at these important events. I love breaking it down on the dance floor with my friends and feel like we're taken right back to senior year of college...perhaps... dropping it like its hot on the dance floor.
You want to know what song takes me straight back to college days partying it up at the college parties, afterhours, beer breakfasts, etc....
Within the next year, all of my best girlfriends will be married ladies. Its so amazing to see us all growing and becoming wives and mothers. I love meeting and developing relationships with their husbands and babies.
Sadly my camera was D-E-A-D at the wedding...but I do have 1 picture. Thanks to my cell phone which was ALMOST dead.
Hope to steal some from others off of Facebook.
Side note - I was in desperate need of an eyebrow waxing so I got mine did at a Mastercuts near Mr's brother's house and he decided he'd get a haircut. Poor guy the woman brutalized his hair...he is still livid. Just because he's in the military people doesn't mean he gets a buzzcut...poor guy :(
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2009 (358)