1. Late last Monday night, a close friend of ours and a pilot in our squadron was in a car accident leaving base. He suffered serious injury and had to be airlifted to a nearby hospital. He is stable but currently in a drug induced coma.
2. Unfortunately I had a planned work trip that left early Tuesday morning and consumed my entire week.
As you can see those 2 issues didn't allow me to be with my friend and more importantly his wife during this horrible ordeal. I felt and continue to feel horrible that I have not been able to be here for them.
So please accept my apologies for my absence. My heart hasn't been in the blogging mood. Please keep our friends and their family in your prayers, they need all the support they can get.
Have a great weekend... someone's hubby surprised her and showed up (i.e. scared the crap out of her and the dogs) at 12:30 this morning. Mr. Jetplane is home, too bad I'm leaving for Pcola on Tuesday for the rest of the week :(
I still and probably always feel awkward when someone thanks me for the work that my husband does. It always makes me feel strange but it makes me feel proud at the same moment. Did I ever envision this being my life...well I think I already answered that....no. Am I honored to be married to my gorgeous fly boy...of course.
Sometimes people ask me for some sage advice about becoming a military wife, which I find humorous. What do I say to people...well... I think you need to develop 2 things a thicker skin and a good sense of humor...both will come in handy...oh and I find a stocked liquor cabinet handy...but hey that's just me.
1. Halloween isn't as much fun without Mr. Jetplane. He's in Vegas for work. Yes I know.
2. Lil boys still love being superheros. I'm worried the masks they are selling with the costumes make it hard for them to see. I had 3 lil boys trip on my porch.
3. Some kids are straight up RUDE. If they didn't say "Trick or Treat" I would kindly say, "Do I get a Trick or Treat?" I also gave a friendly shout, "You're Welcome!!" to a few when they walked away.
4. Just because your lil sweetie pie daughter wants to dress up like a tramp, doesn't mean you should let her.....ummm k.
5. I love when parents dress up with their kids, except when those parents decide to wear scary clown masks like they are from the movie "It". Seriously people...I still have nightmares from watching that movie when I was a kid.
6. If the lights are off that means don't come knock on my door. Its 9pm people, you and your 7 kids (most of which looked under 6 yrs old) do not need to be out running the streets at 9pm.
7. You don't need to ring my doorbell 3 times, I'm not deaf and hear it on the 1st ring.
8. If you can drive yourself, you're too old to be trick or treating.
Wow...did I just become a old bittie....
I hope everyone had a great Halloween.
Update: Its come to my attention that I may have offended hearing impaired people by my "I'm not deaf" comment. If so, I hope you would understand that was not my intention. I also understand lil ones like to ring the doorbell, its the "slightly bigger" kids that seemed to be the problem.
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2009 (358)