About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Without My Military Man This Weekend

Yes, its very SAD news. Due to my crazy schedule at work (not home till 7pm last night and got in around 7:30am, ate lunch at my desk) I couldn't take today off.


Mr. Jetplane left for NC this morning, bright and early and unfortunately I had to take him to the airport at 5:30am this morning. He's going to look for us a place to live, we've decided to rent the first 9 months we know we'll be there and see what happens after his training is complete.


I reminded him that he is there for house hunting, not goofing off with all of his friends that are there right now. I reminded him that he just got his knee back 100% last week (6mo since his surgery during Christmas) and let's not f it up with your buddies new bike ramp into the lake behind his house. He and THEY have been warned. If my husband comes back with an injury, heads are going to roll. They might be a hell of a lot bigger than me, but I'm feisty and they know it.


So me and the boys (milo and charlie) are going to be having a VERY low key weekend. Which I will admit I'm definitely looking forward to. Mr. Jetplane as you know my now is extremely active, and I feel a real 'veg' session of Lifetime, Sophia Champagne, and a Tostitos party pizza in my future.

Oh... and I promised to do my 30 day Shred...

But I miss my hubby like crazy already...



For those of you that have asked - we're moving the last week of August. We are moving to Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. (yes that is really the name of the base, yes it is still humorous if you are immature, yes its ok to chuckle, I have already)

We do not have to live on base and have chosen not to. We can live on base, however due to the fact we have no children (they don't include dogs) we can only get a 2 bedroom house. Due to our dogs and my working from home when we move, that's just not feasible, if I want to keep my sanity and Mr. Jetplane wants to keep his wife.

14 comments:

EKM said...

that's the AFB where my grandfather was last sent before he passed (heart attack, not war or anything). my dad grew up there. it's nice. and yes it is funny to say SJ AFB!

d.a.r. said...

Aww sorry yall are going to be apart. Pizza, booze and lifetime sounds good though :)

Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun said...

Awww. Hugs to you this weekend! I def. know how you feel though. It sucks to have your husband gone, but then again we should be used to this... right?

Nope. I never get used to Mr. Top Gun leaving, but the little ping you feel in your heart starts to go away (a bit) after a few years. You sound like me when the husband is gone, except my relaxation time includes copious amounts of sushi from our fave rest. and a nice martini! Ok, maybe two :)

it is everlasting said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend without your man! I work with mine and we are together all the time so a husband free weekend to drink on the couch and hang out with my dog sounds perfect. I hope the househunting goes well and he comes back with an excellent report!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's only a few hours from us! You'll love NC! There's always something to do and I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to do on base housing!

Jackie said...

A bunch of the girls I went to grad school with live in Goldsboro. We went to ECU, which is maybe an hour east. They always talk about the one bar in town, The Flying Shamrock, which they call The Shammy. I'm sure you all will run into each other at some point once you move there!

Enjoy your weekend :)

Lucky in Love said...

Even though your hubby is gone, it sure sounds like you have a great weekend planned...and one that you definitely deserve.

Good luck with your upcoming move...and I hope he finds a great place for you guys on his trip!

PreppyBumpkin said...

Good luck finding a home in Goldsboro!

And...I'll never hear SJAFB again without a giggle, and now I can't stop giggling!

Guess you miss the absolute obvious when you grow up in NC.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Hey Mrs. Jetplane, here is a tip....put your home office as far away from the living quarters as possible. This will help to keep you focused. Also, make a place that YOU love, decor, furniture.
Your home office has to be for working use only. I own my own company called The Home Office LLC.
I am now in my sancutary......trial and error.
PS....www.seejanework.com/www.levenger.com

Hannah said...

Man-- your weekend sounds like it's going to be GREAT!!

Haha... I had to repeat the name of the base a few times before I got it. Then I laughed out loud.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

that name just made me laugh hysterically. apparently i'm a 12 year old boy.

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love Tostitos pizzas. I need to see if we have any!

Unknown said...

I'm @ Pope AFB which I think is a couple hours away. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of my homestate. LOL

Anonymous said...

Seymour Johnson!?! That IS funny!! :)

Reading Material

Past Travels