Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Gallery Wall is Up

I've been day dreaming about this for quite some time. I love photographs and I especially love the pictures I have recently received from my mother. They are black and white pictures of my grandmother when she was in grade school, her confirmation, and wedding to my grandfather. I also got a picture of my great grandparents wedding day with my great aunt and uncle as their maid of honor and best man. These pictures mean the WORLD to me and I am amazed at just how much my grandmother, mother, and I look alike.

I purchased all the frames from Walmart, Target, and Kmart. All were sale and came with mats. Mr. Jetplane helped a great deal in the hanging of all the pictures...with only minimal complaining.

16 comments:

LawGirl said...

I love it! You did an awesome job!

Sara said...

I love it; what a great idea. Were they scanned and printed? I like the pic of you two in the middle.

Via said...

Looks amazing!

B.E.A said...

Gorgeous! I love looking at old family photos. That's awesome that you have all of those!

lola said...

Gorgeous! :)

Megan said...

It looks SO good! What a great idea to display those special pictures.

Brandi said...

OH I love this!

It Is Everlasting said...

It looks fantastic and I love that you included pictures of your grandparents! What a great way to keep it from being "HEY LOOK AT US!" Which is an issue I've been having with ours. You are seriously doing so great with the new house!

I get kisses said...

I love it. I bet everytime we walk by it makes you think of your family.

Children of the 90s said...

These look great! I love the way you arranged it. It reminds me of the photos on the wall at my grandparent's old house, I always loved looking at them and hearing the stories about everyone.

Ms. M said...

Oh my goodness-- love it! The photos against the blue wall are awesome!

landlocked bride said...

Love this wall! My mom has something similar in her house!

Kaitlin said...

I love this idea! Did you scan and edit the older pictuers before printing them?

Hannah Noel said...

I love that so much. Beautiful!

Christina said...

I love that!!! I love the black and white. I want to do something similar with our hallway.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love this!! I really like how you mixed the older pics in with your recent ones. It looks awesome!

Reading Material

Past Travels