About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Putting it all out there....

Hello all. Its time to come clean. If you've been following my Twitter then this isn't news to you, but I started Weight Watchers last week.

I'll admit I've never participated in a diet program before so at first I kinda of felt like I had failed myself by needing to ask for help. Also, when I told 2 of my friends (2 very skinny, athletic girlfriends) they looked at me like...why? ugh :(

In the past I just ate better (or tried to) and worked out. I have only really wanted to lose weight twice in my life.

First, during my Freshman year of college. I gained weight like most girls do. I went from hella active in high school and consuming.... McDonald's almost everyday for lunch only to be out done with a donut and Coke for breakfast. God you have to love metabolism and cheerleading...they do wonderful things for you. I was at 105 lbs at 1 point....oh that was a glorious time. But alas that didn't last when I went to college....for all the obvious reasons. During winter break I was on a mission to lose weight and I did lose around 7-10 lbs. Did I do it the healthy way....ummm no not really. I ate fruit (particularly oranges) for breakfast, lunch, and had a small meal for dinner. I also walked a few miles everyday.

The 2nd time I needed to loose weight was before my wedding. I lost 15lbs. I did it through eating right and exercising. Mr. Jetplane and I worked out together, even though I hated every minute of it. I couldn't afford a trainer and my schedule was so crazy I needed to work out when I could fit it in.

But now with him gone I don't have that person to push me and keep me accountable. So I decided that I needed to do this for me and do it now. I'm unhappy with my body and its time that I actually do something instead of complain. I'll admit the eating portion is generally pretty easy for me but the working out is the hard part. Oh...and the booze. I love me some wine and cocktails. I know I drank myself into part of this situation. Deployment and pre-deployment didn't help. Those extra 'empty' calories are part of my own demise.

But with all that being said, I had my 1st weigh in yesterday. I was slightly worried. I didn't go over my 29 points all week except on Friday and Saturday nights. I was saving those extra 49 points for the nights out with the ladies. I knew I'd consume close to all 49 points between the food and booze. I also didn't work out as much as I had hope last week. I chose to wear the lightest tunic I could find to the weigh in and guess what? I lost weight. I lost 3.4 pounds. That's great, especially for a 5'2" person like me.

So now I'm excited. Success makes you excited. I hope to keep you all informed of my progress. I'm hoping to be smoking hot by the time Mr. Jetplane comes home.

11 comments:

Kate said...

3.4 pounds is AWESOME! Congratulations on such a great start!

Wine Calories are ALWAYS my toughest hurdle when I'm trying to lose weight. I honestly just have to make a hard and fast rule... no wine except for Friday and/or Saturday nights (and then perhaps not an entire bottle to myself). If I go out with girl friends during the week, I'll ax the wine on one of the weekend days. This really keeps me from saying "oh I'll just have a glass b/c I'm stressed" on a random Wednesday which then leads to 3/4ths of the bottle gone!

Totally not trying to give unsolicited advice - if you stick to your WW point limits, you will totally lose weight, no matter how you spread things out! The Weekend Rule just works for me!

Day Old News said...

Well done! Good luck with the program, it sounds like a lot of tweeps are hooked up right now!

Lucky in Love said...

Congratulations!! That's amazing! Wishing you all sorts of luck! I just posted about doing WW today as well!

Miss Chelsea said...

Good luck you can do it!

Stephanie said...

AWESOME! I hear ya on the 5'2" frame. It's amazing how losing a few pounds can make us look fabulous! Keep it up!!

Muffy said...

Oh my gosh! I lost 3.4 pounds my first week too-- twinsies. Ugh, wasn't writing this post hard? Dude-- we're getting older.

As someone a few weeks ahead of you in the WW game, I'd say it's a great program and you learn alot.

You can always count on your blog and twitter fam for support! You'll do great!!!

d.a.r. said...

What an awesome start!!! Best of luck!

Kelly & Dusty said...

Good for you!!! That's great news, and awesome of you to really take charge. WeightWatchers has been good to me before, and I always saved up points for weekends out!!! Cocktails were always/will always be part of my indulgences!!! Good luck!

Sarah said...

Yay!! I was with WW about 3 years ago and was doing great, I lost close to 50 lbs! Then I met my bf at the time and stopped really trying thinking I know everything. Well I didn't and I decided to go back in Feb and have been losing now! :) Congrats and if you need any help or any push we can push eachother.:)

You are doing great!!

Jessie Jones said...

I think I need to get back on the WW bandwagon. Thanks for being so honest. I'm 5'2'' and I think I could easily lose 30 lbs. If I could just get started.... seems like the hard part!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Great job! I'm using WW to lose the last 20-25 lbs of baby weight and it's worked awesome!

Reading Material