So in honor of Mr. Jetplane here's your puggie lovin for the week. Enjoy!!
- Post a pic (only IF you dare)
- Pass it on to 5 lovely bloggers
Here is one of my inspirations for my home office...
The room was found here. I've been dreaming of a turquoise room with white trim for forever.
Anyone else work from home? Have any pointers?
We should be able to talk for the first week or so, but toward the end we'll have no contact. No, I'm not complaining that my husband will be away for 3 weeks and I can't live without him but, I am complaining because I wish he could be here to help with this move alittle more since I'm going to be working 50+ hours a week at work to ensure that my job is in a good place before we move. I understand it the cross we bare as mil wives so I better suck it up... gotcha...
Her husband David is an EOD guy. On May 11, 2009 while in Afghanistan, he stepped on a land mine. He lost one leg below the knee and severely injured the other. Over the past few months she has blogged about their recovery and it is truly an amazing and inspiring story.
It was a great book, atleast I enjoyed it...and I believe Mr. did alittle bit as well.
I feel for Julie and her desire to find something that inspires her. I'll be honest, I would love to create a challenge for myself like she did and be able to see it through completion. And she has a wonderful sense of humor, albeit is slightly dirty... which I find even more endearing.
One other point worth mentioning is that the book is associated with the blog she created to document her journey through Julia's cookbook. I think this my have given Mr. a look inside why a woman like Julie (or his wife for that matter) started and continues a blog. I hope it let him understand why I enjoy my blog and my readers (or as she calls them, her bleaders).
I recommend this book at any and all of us culinary hopefuls who search for recipes and try to make ourselves better in the kitchen. I would love for my children and grandchildren to remember me the way I do my grandmother... the best cook in the entire world. She could create a wonderful dinner with whatever was in the pantry and we could never get enough.
And as Julia would say.... Bon Appetit!
P.S. I also read Jennifer Weiner's new book last week... review to follow...I enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite of her books that's for sure...
Well, if you don't want to see spoilers then don't watch this video that the showed at Comic Con. Its only going to get better....
Front our front lower deck, another boat that is just like ours.
Back of the top deck
Yes most of these pictures were captured while intoxicated.
Now I have to get back to the land of the living. It was really nice to not wear any makeup or blow dry my hair for a week.
It is yummy and pretty darn easy.
Three Cheese Beef Pasta Shells
24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 lb of lean ground beef (atleast 80% - I use 97% lean)
1 Jar (26oz) chunky tomato pasta sauce ( I prefer Newman's own, Classico, or Barilla)
1/2 cup of water
1 container (8oz) chive & onion cream cheese spread (I bought Kraft, I haven't use the reduced fat one yet)
1 1/2 cups shredded 6-cheese Italian Cheese Blend
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese ( I use Reduced Fat kind)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and drain pasta shells.
2. Cook ground beef until thoroughly cooked, drain. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix pasta sauce and water. Pour 1 cup of the pasta sauce mixture in bottom of an ungreased glass baking dish (13x9). In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup of Italian Cheese, the Parmesan Cheese, Egg, and ground beef. Spoon a large tablespoon mixture into each shell. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top, covering shells completely. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese filing is set. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Italian Cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Sorry no pictures... I promise the next time I make this I will take a picture and add it to this post. We eat them up...way too fast...
These cuties are Jessica Simpson and I got them for $49.00. They had them in black as well.
I purchased these cute pink/orange Kate Spade's for $49.00. I had been eyeing them online for quite some time but never purchased them. But at $49 I couldn't resist.
These BCBG numbers are hot & high & are the reason that the top of my right foot is still sore from my very unladylike fall.
Last but not least... I got my pair of these lovely blue ladies... They are awesome. My friend Lou tracked them down in ATL and mailed them to me.
Yes, as you can see I keep all my 'good' shoes in boxes, either the boxes that they come in or I buy the $1 boxes from Walmart/Target.
Yes, I love shoes!
The Jetplanes will be on a houseboat for a week with several couples....aka Mr. Jetplane's frat brothers and their significant others.... Needless to say, it should be interesting...
So in honor of this adventure!!! I'm sure I'll only hear this about 5 million times...
I am still doing a giveaway but its going to have to wait a little bit.
Enjoy your week.... I know I will.
Love you all!
Sorry I haven't given you a post about Vegas. The Jetplanes are leaving on Sunday for a weekend long lake vacay and needless to say, I'm a busy bee at work.
But here's a brief rundown.
1. I am currently nursing an injury that I gave to myself sober, when I fell in the middle of the MGM Grand. Wearing my very cute white/purple dress (didn't wear to the wedding).
2. Someone I was with took their shirt off at a blackjack table...2x.
3. I had to call my hubby to come get me. I had NO money and didn't bring my debit card out on purpose.
4. I did shots.. I never do shots. (reason to follow)
5. I didn't get to bed on Saturday morning until around 5am. Wedding at 2pm on Saturday.
6. I got us on the guest list for Wet Republic, couldn't go.. (reason to follow)
7. I had the 2nd worst hangover of my entire life. reason I don't do shots!
8. I dry heaved in the limo to the wedding, with Mr. Jetplane's family in the limo. The A/C was seriously blowing out hot air, and it was already 105 outside. **I start crying when I dry heave..TMI...maybe.
9. I had to have the limo drop me off at the hotel after the ceremony so I could throw up and sleep.
10. Met up with the crew 5 hours later at Slots of Fun with $3 tables and played black jack for 5 hours on $40. Came out $6.50 ahead.
11. I wore my blue shoes to the wedding, and got a lot of compliments. Too bad my ankle was/is bruised and swollen and I had to walk around in 4 inch heels.
12. I have like 3 pictures from the entire trip.
13. I was seriously a HOT MESS. Not proud of myself and Mr. Jetplane says his sister and I are even.
14. I did apologize to her and her husband like no more than 10x. They supposedly didn't care. Their MOH was wasted at the wedding and hit on the limo driver (man) and the minister (woman).
Vegas Baby! Vegas!
With All Our Love,
Here is the news...
We're buying a house! We put an offer in yesterday and it was accepted in record time, which we think means we should have asked for more...but oh well. We got all of the closing costs, all the appliances, a fence, gas logs, and several other odd and ends.
We're excited and scared to death all at the same time. The house is brand new and we're having the builder finish the bonus room upstairs before we move in next month. Its been a whirlwind. If you follow my twitter, you would have read the emotional roller coaster I've been on with this living situation.
Is this house our dream house...NO. Its our FIRST home. We look at it as an investment and we will rent it out once we leave North Carolina.
Okay...I'm going to go throw up now... We close on August 26th. They have to make some changes to the front porch, put up the fence, and finish the bonus room prior to inspection. But everyone assures us it will be done. Crossing finger and toes....
Holy Crap, we're buying a house...
And just for fun.... Here's a vintage pic of Mr. Jetplane. Wasn't he a cutie.
For those of you that have asked - we're moving the last week of August. We are moving to Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. (yes that is really the name of the base, yes it is still humorous if you are immature, yes its ok to chuckle, I have already)
We do not have to live on base and have chosen not to. We can live on base, however due to the fact we have no children (they don't include dogs) we can only get a 2 bedroom house. Due to our dogs and my working from home when we move, that's just not feasible, if I want to keep my sanity and Mr. Jetplane wants to keep his wife.
The first morning we did it, someone that it was a good idea to eat breakfast 15-20 minutes before she worked out. It was a VERY bad idea.
I'll be completely honest here....I down right loathe working out. My husband LOVES working out. He sometimes does it 2x a day because he thinks it....get this...fun. (Yeah I know).
Anyway, I decided that we needed to do it. We're going on a week long boat trip later this month with some of his ol frat brothers and we need to be comfortable in swimsuits for a week.
So last night we did our 2nd day on Level 1. (Yes, I refused to do it on Monday, sue me. Mondays you can't really get me to do much at all after work...deal with it.)
So Day 2 was WAAAY easier than day one, and the evening workout vs. morning I think helped as well.
But let me tell you... I'm sore...really sore. My thighs hate me right now, which is totally fine since I've always hated them and I'll be happy to see them go.
That all being said, the video so far is good. Mr. Jetplane said he was surprised at the quality of the workout for only 20 minutes.
Jillian is really annoying... and I hate her ankle tattoo of an angel of whatever it is....I stare at it through the whole workout. It also bothers me that it looks like her pants are going to fall down the entire time.
But we're gonna keep at it. Wish us luck...
How are you all doing on it?
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (146)
- Pug Friday - Mr. Jetplane in the Woods Edition
- Sexy Time...
- Mrs. Jetplane's Future Home Office
- Mr. Jetplane is Leaving Me...
- Cooking + Foul Language = LOVE
- True Blood!
- We're BBBBAAAACCCKKK!!!
- Pug Friday - Lake Vacay Edition
- Mr. Jetplane's New Favorite Meal
- I'm Just A Girl...who loves shoes
- I'm on a BOAT...
- I haven't forgotten about you...
- Pug Friday - Vegas Edition
- The Jetplanes are soooo money...
- Pug Friday
- Jetplanes' BIG News!
- Happy Birthday to Ya, Mr. Jetplane!
- Odds and Ends
- Preoccupied With the Pug
- Pug Friday - Patriotic Pug Style
- Without My Military Man This Weekend
- My Life Right Now
- ▼ July (23)