About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, February 21, 2011

What's in a name...

To quote Shakespeare...which I regularly do by the way...

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Well Mr. Jetplane sure isn't Juliet and we sure aren't talking about the Montagues and Capulets here on today's blog. So what are we talking about? Mr. Jetplane got his call sign on Friday.

He drunk himself into a stupor and his call sign is Contra.
Yes this may come to mind...

But it will also mean CONstantly TRAsmitting..which in plain (non aviator) speak means...constantly talking or aka Mr. Jetplane never shuts up...which is true.


He drank off the first call sign, which he didn't like and was probably a joke anyway. They do it on purpose so they'll want to drink it off, and therefore get drunk. I went to the squadron to pick him up at 10:30pm which he asked me to in a drunked phone call I received at 9:30pm...just to find out that someone else was already driving him home...


Yes that's awkward walking into a cigar and alcohol filled squadron bar with a bunch of drunkards, in what was technically your pajamas looking for your drunk as hell husband...the commander kindly spoke with me and apologized for any confusion. No worries I wasn't mad, just slightly annoyed.


I walked into the house to find Mr. Jetplane fully clothed laying face down on the floor in the living room. He then proceed to tell me he needed to throw up. I told him there was a perfectly good bathroom to do this in, but he insisted on doing it in the kitchen sink. After much discussion I then gave in, and said "Fine...but if you are going to throw up in my kitchen sink at least do me a favor and do it on the garbage disposal side" Which he did.

He then proceeded to lay face down in the family room on one of the dog's pillows and sleep it off until the morning...oh yeah I was 1 proud wife :)

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh myyyy, you are one patient wife! Sounds like he had a good time. :)

Cara said...

HAHAHA! I love it! My hubby's call sign is DIRCA, which stands for Drunken Idiot Requires Constant Attention. Put a few drinks in him and needs a babysitter. So very proud.... ;)

caknitter said...

lolol I wonder what the dog was thinking when he found your hubby hogging up his pillow?!?!
Congrats on the new call sign.

Sassy said...

haha I laughed out loud reading this. You get an A+ for wifely duties this week. And how considerate of him to pick the right side of the sink. If I was in the military, my call sign would definitely be Contra too...I'm sooo chatty all.the.time.

d.a.r. said...

You definitely have more patience than I do :)

Glad he at least made to the garbage disposal side. So, what did Milo think about him sleeping on his bed??

Kim said...

Much better wife than me! My husband got confused once and made me drive an hour away to realize...he had already gotten a ride. Wasn't a pretty sight when I drove an hour back home to find him lying in our driveway...

Jes said...

best video game ever! that is one call sign I could live with for the rest of my life simply based on it's video game reference =)

Unknown said...

That is awesome, can't wait to tell Dane the story!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Call signs and nicknames!

You're incredibly patient... and pragmatic. I mean, with the 'garbage disposal' side of the sink. I would have been busy yelling if my spouse did that, which would mean that he'd probably just puke on the floor.

Then again, to be fair, my husband is more likely to be holding my hair back, rather than me finding him on the floor.

Thank God for good spouses.

Seaside said...

Classic, and sometimes the first one sticks... I have heard some really bad ones and am soo thankful my hubby has one I am not ashamed to say :) Congratulations!

Reading Material