About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bit of This & Bit of That

This post is going to be all over the place, so apologies all around...

1. Ummmm, how freaking good was Mad Men on Sunday? I'm so happy its back. I adore how Peggy has come into her own, Joan has her own office, and Betty is dealing with a b!tch of a MIL. (didn't have that with Don since he had no family) Even though Don is now dealing with the consequences of his actions, you still like him, you still want him to come out on the other side...which I totally believe he will. Don Draper is a Big F'in Deal people.

2. Now True Blood - Its picking and choosing parts of the books it wants to follow. I believe in Alan Ball and all but seriously - why wouldn't Bill heal after being cut? I hate Cooter, but love how trashy Debbie Pelt is. Talbot is wonderful and Franklin is a total freakshow. And this dog fighting ring....YAWN. Ummm hello - only 1st born can be a WERE, duh! And let's get to saving Pam, she's awesome!

3. The state of our current house - CRAZY. We're walking on backer board over here... We ripped up all the flooring ourselves in the living room, hallway, kitchen, entry way, family room and stairs to the loft. Yummy dark hardwood is going in its place. Tearing it up ourselves saved us almost $1,000. We are planning on putting down the plywood ourselves too, which saves another $1,000+. I'm excited for the new floors, but not excited for the bill or having to work through all the noise its going to cause when they install.

4. My garden is growing and I have harvested several summer squash, 1 spaghetti squash, and 1 tomato.

5. We saw Inception at IMAX the weekend it came out. Amaze-balls. Seriously.

6. I have learned that there are more VW bugs in Idaho then anywhere I have ever been. Mr and I are constantly hitting each other "Slugbug no slug backs".


We went on a walk around the hood yesterday evening - 4 of them. How is that even possible?
By the way - we ONLY do it for VW Bugs.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am obsessed over Mad Men too! I've already watch it twice this week-ha!

We have a demo crew coming into take out our floors tomorrow (and hopefully put plywood down-need to check on that). It's a semi forced remodel since our house flooded last week.

I am on a campaign for hardwood, but my husband is fine with just putting carpet back on the first floor-any tips for pricing hardwood or ways to convince my husband that it is necessary in order for my life to go on. = )

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that Mad Men is back on!!!!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Id wondered the same thing: why didnt Bill heal after being cut? seriously. I havent even read the books but every other time a vamp is hurt, they heal!

Also, DYING to see Inception.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Id wondered the same thing: why didnt Bill heal after being cut? seriously. I havent even read the books but every other time a vamp is hurt, they heal!

Also, DYING to see Inception.

Windy City Kelley's said...

I love Mad Men. Don Draper is such a jerk but I still feel bad for him.

Reading Material