About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, August 8, 2011

No words...

My heart breaks at the news from this weekend about the helicopter crash and the American lives lost. My heart goes out to the family and loved ones of those brave souls.


When your spouse deploys you fill out paperwork outlining what you prefer to happen if something god forbids happens to your loved one. Who do you want at your house. Who do you NOT want at your house....etc.etc.etc.

Its a painful but necessary step. Mr. Jetplane's job is dangerous, even under the best (non-war) circumstances. He's always said no news is good news. Since the family of the fallen are to be contacted first, Mr. Jetplane wouldn't be able to call me and tell me he is ok. Because if he did that, we're a small group and it could be obvious very quickly who has been affected prior to the military being able to make contact first.


As I said a prayer for those families several times this past weekend, I put myself in their shoes. The painful wait for the knock on the door telling you that your husband isn't coming home. And then I prayed a little more...for them, for my husband, for the fellow warriors out there, for myself, and for this all to get over sooner rather than later.

Thank you to those brave warriors out there that gave the ultimate sacrifice. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You and God Bless America.


1 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing your sentiments. That incident just makes my heart ache. I can't even imagine getting that call or that knock on the door.....

Reading Material