Fellow Travelers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Interesting Article about Palin


First I want to say that I'm extremely excited to see that in 2008 we will have either an African-American President or a female Vice President. These are exciting times, and has come way sooner than I had anticipated.


Secondly, I want to say that I am a registered Democrat. And I generally vote for Democrats.


That being said I located an extremely interesting article about Gov. Palin that raises several questions and I thought I should share it.




While, I'm delighted that McCain selected a woman, I do not feel she is a good choice. I feel she is under qualified and has limited experience in state government. That being said, if McCain wanted to select a woman, I felt Condoleezza Rice would be the best Republican choice. She has substantial experience, but perhaps she wasn't interested.

Final thoughts.... I generally don't like to bring politics or religion into a discussion. People have their own beliefs and far be it for me to judge others. However, I feel as a voter and an American I need to be as educated as possible about all the candidates.


0 comments:

Reading Material

Past Travels