Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ok... I'm going to admit

That I've had the same glasses for the past 8 years. Ok they haven't been the "same" glasses but all of them have been relatively similar to one other. Actually from my sophomore year of college till after I graduated and I actually did buy the exact same glasses. Generally, I'm all about change, but when it comes to my glasses, I don't know I haven't been willing to change.


First things first, I treat my glasses horribly. I throw them in drawers and misplace them constantly. So I refused to spend a lot of money on them. They are actually plastic frames, but with that I did have issues of bending them. During jr. & high school I had wire framed glasses and always bent them so I didn't want to do that. And secondly, I don't wear my glasses a lot. I generally prefer to wear my contacts.


So I'm going to the eye doctor on Friday and I am going out of my comfort zone and buying new glasses. I want something a little funkier than my tortoise shell glasses. We'll see what happens.


So here they are in all their glory....

Sorry I suppose I don't smile in my pictures. This is actually from the last web chat that Mr. and I had last week....

1 comments:

N.M.B. said...

If you haven't gotten new glasses already...

I found this great website through another blog. I ordered two pairs of RX glasses for $30!! They arrived a few weeks later and they're perfect!! I, too, refused to spend a ton of money on glasses because I only wear them at night and I throw them around...

This pink pair is my absolute favorite. But there are thousands of pairs/colors.

http://zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=392&cat=23&page=1

Reading Material

Past Travels