Fellow Travelers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Southern Discomfort

As you may know by now, I'm originally from the Midwest. While I did live for a brief period of time in MS and LA (around age 4 -5, parents still married), I'm a "northerner" and living in the South has taken some adjustments. But some things, just rub me the wrong way I can't stand them.

My #1 discomfort living in the South is..... Fire Ants. OMG I freaking hate these lil bastards. They are horrible. We have a nice yard, maintained well I believe. But we still get ants from time to time. And those lil mothers... create pure agony for me and the dogs.

The last time I did actual yard work I got bit my some ants and what the doctor thinks might be a spider. Somehow it appears that I spread the "venom" to other area of my body. Yeah it's freaking disgusting... I had to get medicine and prescription ointment to get rid of them, I actually have a scar that hasn't went away yet... that was about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

So Fire Ants.... You are #1 on list...

Don't worry I have more to come... hopefully, the southerns that read this blog can help me with some of the others that make the list...

1 comments:

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I'm from the East Coast myself then went to college in the Midwest.

What is with the roaches and fire ants?!? AH I hate it.

Feel better! I am not used to all of these bugs.

Reading Material

Past Travels