About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can you keep a secret?


Well the Mr. can't. Maybe a point of clarification, he can't keep a secret from me. He tells me everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything. I don't ask and sometimes I really don't want to know.

The main point at issue for me here is with gifts. I like to open a gift, that is wrapped on the day I'm suppose to receive it - be that a birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc. The Mr. can't wait to give me my gifts when he buys them. He actually likes to buy them while I am with him and give them to me there. Case in point, over Thanksgiving he bought me a Colts Jersey (L Kids size). That's one of my gifts, sorry if that's a weird gift to some of you. I love football - GO COLTS!

Another example - proposing to me. No he did not have an elaborate plan, he didn't wait long enough. He drove up to Illinois to supposedly visit his family. He actually drove up to meet my parents get the diamond and then go to his family and put it in a setting. A few days later he then drove back down to P'cola and got home around 10:00 pm or so. He had the ring in his pocket and wanted to give it to me right then, but held back. He gave it to me the next night when I got home from work.

So yesterday I get home from work and there is a box on the porch, its my Christmas present that he bought from Amazon. He told me to go ahead and open it. NO! Don't ruin my Christmas, its our first Christmas together as a married couple, I want to open it on Christmas. But I did shake it. Its either a new camera or a watch, maybe both.... it sounds like 2 things in the box.
He says that I can't hold back and not open the box. Well Mr., watch me.... But I may shake it a couple more times.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

You go!!! You can do it. How much more special will that gift be on Christmas morning if you don't open it now!!! I'm all for surprises too!!!

Lindsey said...

I adore your blog! You have a new reader!=)

d.a.r. said...

Nope, I am your husband, haha. This reminds me, I should post about this. I am such a snoop and HATE surprises! I have to know NOW!

Chic Runner said...

I am the same exact way with my boyfriend. I get so excited that I want to give him everything when I get it too. :) You can hold out though! I know it! Just like I have to hold out until the 26th to give him and his family his gifts when I fly up to see him.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Ooh, that's like, pure torture! I couldn't watch that thing for two more weeks! Be strong though, it will def. make for a more special Christmas morning.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I am the exact same way. Don't ruin a surprise for me!

Now, I do want to guess and shake it, but I want to wait until I'm supposed to open it!

Reading Material

Past Travels