About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No NYE kiss for Mrs. Jetplane

So tonight is NYE and everyone is so excited.... that is except lil ol me. I'm not that excited at all. All our friends are out of town, since they can take leave to go home. So Milo and I are going to ring in the New Year, with a bottle of Champagne and some tasty doggie treats (for Milo).


Last year, was my last NYE as an unmarried lady. Mr. actually drove home from Illinois just in time for a NYE kiss. It was great, but I don't except him to make it this year. First year as Mrs. Jetplane and no kiss for yours truly. But, I'll be ok, its an over-rated holiday anyway, right? Yeah, that's what I'm telling myself.





Photo Oeil Photography

10 comments:

The Mrs. said...

We are supposed to be together but I'm not so sure. We are getting snow and the wind is so bad its supposed to be near white out conditions, he was supposed to be landing tonight and he promises he will be.... but who knows. But lets be honest I'll probably be asleep before 2009 anyways!

Have a great 2009 with LOTS of time together!

Deb said...

Happy New Year!
http://thaxtonfam.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Do not fret.

I don't really get the whole big celebration for New Year's anyway. Last year I spent it alone with the dog while Mr. Newlywed hiked the Rockies with some friends.

A kiss doesn't really make a difference anyway :)

Mrs. Realife said...

The great part about New Year's is it comes every year :)

I think a lot of holidays are overated due to commercials, movies, etc... Make it your own and love it --

Dugout Daisy said...

Yeah the Holiday can totally be overated. I am home sick. I am going to do my best to stay up to ring in the new year, perhaps I'll treat myself to a glass of wine, :)
At least Milo will make a fantastic date! And I'm sure you'll be getting kisses from your honey soon, and he'll have to make up for the ones he can't give you tonight! ;)
Happy New Year!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, sounds like last year was very special! NYE is always kinda overblown anyways - at least this way you will be safe and warm and cozy! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Its overrated and what is wrong with ringing in the new year with milo, nothing! I will be lucky if I stay up past 11! Ha! Ha! Happy New Year!

Kate said...

New Year's is always overrated in my opinion. Just pretend it is NYE when you see the Mr again ;)

Caroline said...

yes, my fiance is also away today. so don't worry--you won't be the only lady ringing in NYE by yourself :)

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Enjoy your night with Milo! Keep your spirits up and have a Happy New Year! If I had my way, I'd be in bed before midnight...is that wrong?

Reading Material

Past Travels