About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Once was Blind, but now I SEE...

Well, not really. I'm pretty much blind, but I did finally bite the bullet and bought new glasses. I blogged awhile ago about my desire for new glasses. I've had the exact frame of glasses for seriously 10 years. But not now, with the help of trusty optical insurance, my new Vera Wang glasses didn't cost me too much. Here they are, they are dark green and fade to a lighter green on the ends, don't think the pic is too good (sorry done with the web cam).







Sorry for the sad hair, today it rained all day in P'cola and my hair is kinda gross.


Also, I have finally finished the Christmas decorations for the house and I promised to show you some more. (again pics from web cam)


This is my $8.00 wreath from Big Lots. Its on my door to the back yard. Here is the lovely mantle. I'm pretty happy with it. Check out my cute stockings for the Mr., Charlie, Me, and Milo. Yes I bought stockings for the dogs and yes the Mr. and Charlie aren't even going to be home this year for Christmas, I don't care.



I used my 9 ft pre-lit garland that I've had for several years now. I add $1 ornaments that I bought from Walmart, silver and blue glass balls from Hobby Lobby that were 1/2 off, and silver springs from Hobby Lobby (1/2 off as well). I bought 2 glass tree toppers from TJ Maxx 1 silver and 1 lime green, I adore them, I'm going to buy more when they go on sale at Target (I'm not paying $16 for them). Finally I added my glass apothecary jars from my wedding. I put glass ornaments in them. I also placed another one of the coffee table, and used a Martha Stewart place mat that I got for like $2.









This is my centerpiece for my kitchen table, I want a different table runner, but I'm not going to buy one right now. I'll just deal with it.

This is my table behind the table. I have my lovely polka dot Kate Spade Vase filled with ornaments, a cute silver reindeer, and my lovely blue candle holders. These generally sit on the mantle. As you can see my theme is most definitely silver, blue, and green. But I've added little pops of color here and there.

Last but not least, Milo is really excited about the decorations, can't you tell....

12 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

It all looks great! I love those blue candle holders. so bright and pretty!

Lis said...

Great holiday pics and I love your new glasses too!!

I might have to check out Big Lots - I love cheap and cute Christmas decorations!!

Nicole said...

I love the centerpieces with the different colored bulbs! Really classy.

Brittany said...

Those tree toppers are fab!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Such great decorations!

Gwen said...

I love the glasses!!! Beautiful!!!

And the decorations are gorgeous!!! I don't have any apothecary jars but seeing them all decorated with ornaments I am for sure finding one (or 10) as soon as possible!!! I might even use one in the kitchen with candy in it for everyday!!!

Katie Says So said...

Love your glasses! They look great on ya! And your decorations are gorgeous!

Chic Runner said...

The decorations look great! new glasses are hard to purchase, but once you get them it's like getting a new leash on life! :)

rebecca said...

Your mantle is so cute!

I can't wait to have a house with a mantle. The crazy thing is, the Navy housing in CHARLESTON SC had fireplaces. The Navy housing in CONNECTICUT doesn't.

Nice, huh?

With Love from New Orleans said...

Love your decorating!!! The glasses look perfect!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I love your Christmas decor! So sparkly and pretty. Your glasses are very chic as well - I just picked up a new pair myself today! Not sure if I like them yet, but I'm a contacts girl!

Lulu said...

Loving your decorations!!!

Thank you for the Christmas tag, BTW. Just got around to it!

xoxo,
Lulu

Reading Material

Past Travels