About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, December 29, 2008

If you were "Curious"...


The Jetplanes saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button last week and loved it. The main character, Benjamin Button, is adapted from an F. Scott Fitzgerald 1921 short story, by the same name. Having read the short story, it is very different from the movie.

The movie is set in NOLA and begins in 1918 during WWI and continues until 2005, the day Hurricane Katrina hit.

The 3 hour movie, is a "love story" but so much more than that. Its a reminder that life is what you make of it. And its a story highlighting the beauty of New Orleans.

The circle of life is ever present and noticeable due to the fact that Benjamin is raised in a retirement home, with tenants that come and go with some frequency, and each one enriching his life in their own special way.

There are some very lovely quotes through out the movie. My favorite was from Benjamin's piano teacher who said that people have to die so we know how important they were to us. That's most definitely true...

The videography, costumes, sets, etc. were gorgeous. The lightening that was used to highlight the youthful Daisy and Benjamin was beautiful.

And last, but certainly not least Brad Pitt looked amazing in hot. He looked incredibly dapper in the period clothing and when the (young looking) Benjamin would appear on screen I caught myself saying aloud, "Hello!". Oh and Cate Blachett looked really beautiful as well as...

Please go see it. Mr. and I had talked about the film and what it made us think about. Its truly amazing all the technological advances that have occurred in the past 100 years. Makes us both wish, we still had our great grandparents to talk to.
And remember, you're never too old (or too young) to start over again. That can be said for you, me, and NOLA.

4 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

I can't wait to see it...seriously...Brad is terribly delicious and so blessed in the acting department. I love movies that move you...and make you think.

Megan said...

My husband and I went to go see this movie on Christmas Day and both really liked it!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I definitely want to see this..he's just amazing. Glad to hear your hubby's doing better. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

When I was living in NOLA last year I actually got to be on the set of this movie (it was kind a job perk)! I can't wait to see it!

Reading Material

Past Travels