About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Today I felt like a wife

Even though I've been married for over 6 months, the Mr. and I haven't been together for most of them. Today was the Mr. pre-op appointments at the military hospital. And today, I got to feel like a real military wife.

We got there around 8:10am because Mr. Jetplane wanted to take me to the wonderful mess hall for breakfast.

It actually wasn't that bad, I had a banana, 1 pancake, 2 pieces of bacon, and a glass of cranberry juice for like $2.25. Yes, the Mr. only takes me to the finest of dining establishments.

After that we had an ortho appointment with his surgeon. We got there about 15 minutes early, and got in right away. Today, we met with 2 ortho Dr.'s, the ortho nurse, got all his pain meds, went through administration, took all his vitals, met with 2 anesthesia nurses, got fitted and took home crutches, and got his blood work done. Believe it or not, we were out of there by 11:30am. It was shocking. Luckily, Mr. Jetplane wore his flight suit so we got through all things quicker.

We're set to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:15am, he's the first surgery for tomorrow with the ortho. So needless to say, we're not doing too much tonight.

His surgery shouldn't last too long, hopefully. He's torn his ACL and he has a tear in his meniscus, they don't know how bad the meniscus tear is until they go in to scope the knee.

I know its not an intense surgery, but its still surgery. And I'm a worrier, so needless to say, I'm worrying.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Luck

Sarah said...

Don't worry about it at all my husband had the exact same surgery done, he will be in some pain afterwords so rent some movies and get ready to wait hand and foot.

With Love from New Orleans said...

Good luck!!! I am sure he will do just fine!

Chic Runner said...

Good luck, I'm sure you'll both be totally fine :) I'll be thinking of you jetplanes tomorrow! :)

Gwen said...

I'll be praying for you & Mr. Jetplane tomorrow. If he's anything like most hubbys be prepared for some whinning. :-)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Ohh don't worry! He'll be great, and the scope makes recovery SO MUCH FASTER than otherwise!

The Mrs. said...

good luck. flyboy had shoulder surgery done five years back and he's better then ever.

Nicole said...

No need to worry yourself too much about it! I'm sure everything will go just as planned and he will be in recovery before you know it! I will keep you and the Mr in my prayers tonight! Keep us posted.

rachaelgking said...

Good luck... anytime health is concerned, it's always scary, but I'm sure everything will be fine!

Jennifer said...

Try not to worry too much! (I worry too so I know how you feel though.)

You and Mr. Jetplane are in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery!

buffi said...

I just came across your blog. Sounds like you're in for a quite an exciting few months. My husband spent many years in the Strike Eagle (four years of it at SJAFB!) and loved every second of it. It's an exciting time. We're settled at a training base now & enjoying the down time.

Hope Mr J does well tomorrow w/ his surgeries. These flyers are big babies about pain, so just indulge him for a day or two! Best Wishes!

Girl Meets Beau said...

Good luck with everything! I'm sure you'll feel even more like a wife tomorrow when you are taking care of your hubby :) Have a Merry Christmas!

Lindsay Gray said...

At least if you're near BAMC there are a lot of food option nearby. If you're at Wilford Hall...well...then...uhhh....stay on base because there isn't much to eat around here.

Hope he gets to feeling better!

Reading Material

Past Travels