About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting to know the Jetplanes...

You've asked and now I'm going to answer. Some of these questions I received a while ago and I hadn't answered them, sorry I'm a bad blogger.

1. Where are we from? We're both from Illinois, but met when we we're living in Indianapolis.

2. Where did you go to college? I went to Eastern Illinois and he went to Northern Illinois.

3. Do you miss living in the Midwest? I miss living near a large metro area. I crave shopping, P.F. Chang's, watching the Colts, NCAA tourney, and Super Target.


4. What do you do for a living? Well, what I do is actually kinda confidential. In the most generic terms, I work as a recruiter for technical consultants, mainly in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.

5. How did you decide on you career? Well, I don't know if this is a career. I had worked in marketing and sales since graduating college. My last employer in Indy closed, which led me to move down to P'cola to live with the Mr. who had just started training in P'cola. It took me several months to find a job that was somewhat financially comparable to what I had previously. At the time I was hired I was the youngest person hired by a good 10 years.

6. Where are you going to be moving to in NC. We're going to be stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. We're thinking about trying to live between Goldsboro and Raleigh, but we'll see.

7. What is you living situation with the Mr.? Well, right now we're not living together, he is currently in EWO school in San Antonio. We moved in together in August 2006, got engaged July 2007, and married June 08. We lived together until he left for IFF (T-38 school in Columbus, MS) in mid August. He completed that in October, was home for 2 weeks, and then left for EWO. He will be at EWO until March.

8. How do you deal with the living situation? Its hard, really hard. But its manageable. I'll be completely honest here, and I might have a different view than some. The Mr. and I chose to live together before marriage, I think that's what has been this situation much easier. If we had moved in together after marriage in June and he left in August, OMG I think I would have died. I miss him like crazy. We talk every morning, afternoon, and at least 3 times at night. The conversations aren't long, we're not phone people, they are generally 5-10 minutes. We also web cam. Its tough, but I do think this is preparing me for his inevitable deployment.

9. How old is Milo and did you grow up with pugs? Milo is 5 1/2 years old, and no I didn't grow up with pugs. I grew up with labs. I really wanted a dog, and my boyfriend at the time, previously referred to as, Mr. Doucheness, told me to research the different breeds and make a choice. He didn't want me to get want he called a "yippy" dog. I decided upon the pug breed, and it was the best decision I ever made. He is an awesome lil dog and they are a great breed.

10. What flowers were in your bouquet? Peonies and green hydrangeas, it smelled amazing.

11. Where did you get the tan boots from? These boots are from Nine West, probably 3 or so years ago.
12. When are you moving to NC? As it stands right now, in April 08.

Any more questions, ask away....

8 comments:

Chic Runner said...

It's fun learning about you guys :) You two are so cute! :)

Jennifer said...

I tagged you!

Muffy said...

Fun post!

Anonymous said...

You have such a great attitude about your living situation!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

It was cool getting to know you! Love those brown boots.

Lindsay Gray said...

Tell Mr. Jetplane not to miss Chris Madrid's cheeseburgers and Rudy's BBQ...seriously the 2 best thing I've found in San Antonio...next to *R* obviously.

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Thanks for sharing so much...Love the boots! and your pugs of course...

Sarah said...

YOu guys are fun! You are so positive towards your living situation that must really help!

Reading Material

Past Travels