About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Update on Mama Jetplane

Unbelievable news!!!

My mom doesn't need to have chemo! She met with her oncologist today, due to the size of the tumor, the cancer free lymph nodes, and the fact the she had both breasts removed, they do not think she needs chemo. They are going to put her on a hormone therapy treatment and recommend removing her ovaries. Her cancer was estrogen feed, so its best they remove them. She already had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago so its not too big of a deal.

The Dr. said that in cases such as hers, if cancer is to reappear somewhere down the road, it generally reappears in the bone. So they are going to start building up her calcium to combat that now.

I am so delighted for her. She was very nervous about chemo and losing her hair. My grandma had chemo and radiation, and when she lost her hair it was devastating to her. I didn't want my mom to go through that.

What a wonderful Christmas present. Thank you God for hearing and answering all our prayers.

Secondly, thank you to all of you for your support those these trying times. Its meant so much.

11 comments:

Mistress Meeyee said...

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!

Olde Town Style Guide said...

Wheww!! So happy for you and your family! Such wonderful news!

Girl Meets Beau said...

That's great news! I'm sure she is so relieved. I bet this Christmas will be even more special now!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That is such great news for your mom and your family!

Gwen said...

I am so glad to hear this. I was just praying for you all yesterday and thought about sending you an email to check on her. Unfortunately I'm sick and just now feeling like computer time. Still praying every day for you all. {HUGS}

KLC said...

Yay yay yay yay yay! That is great news!!!

Jennifer said...

That is such great news!

*Kimmie* said...

What wonderful news! What a blessed holiday season this has become!

Mary Michal said...

That's such great news! I'm so happy for you and especially for your home. It's definitely a wonderful Christmas gift.

Lulu said...

Such amazing news! Congratulations!!!
xoxo,
Lulu

Kate said...

So happy for Mama Jetplane!

Reading Material

Past Travels