About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Now the REAL fun begins...

Mr. Jetplane successfully had surgery this morning. It went better than expected, his meniscus tear wasn't as bad as they had predicted. Which is definitely a good thing, particularly for his recovery.

Its been a long ass day. We got up at 4am.

Now we are home, and the fun has most definitely started. He's definitely not the best patient, and I'm not the best nurse.

Reason 129, I know I'm not ready for kids...

I can't deal with someone throwing up. Mr. Jetplane and Percocet don't exactly mix and Mrs. Jetplane was the lucky one that got to dispose of it all, gagging the whole way. Yes, I'm not ready to deal with all the bodily functions that come along with kiddos...

Just for fun, here's a lil old school Mr. Jetplane for you...


8 comments:

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Glad everything went well with the surgery. I'm sure your doing a wonderful job taking care of him. Have a Merry Christmas!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Awww! I hope he gets better soon. Puking is the worst!

Sarah said...

Thats great that the surgery went better then expected. Don't worry the vomit won't go on very long. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, poor guy! A little coke will help ease the tummy. But have him sip on it. Don't ask why it is a trick we use in the recovery room. Hope he feels better. You can also stop the pain pills and take 2 Tylenol extra strength. Also, tell our pts that! Good luck!

Gwen said...

I'm glad surgery went okay. Still praying for you all and wish you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! {HUGS}

*Kimmie* said...

So good to hear he's doing well.

Hope you and yours have a very blessed Christmas!

Chic Runner said...

Glad everything went well. I am the same way with you when it comes to being a nurse. Yuck! :) Good luck and I hope you enjoy the holidays as the Jetplanes! :)

Kate said...

Whenever I tell my mom I can't handle other people throwing up, how I won't be a good mom, she tells me she wasn't always the type of person who would let her kid throw up in her hands (haha). I think when it is your own kid, you learn to deal

And on that note, Merry Christmas!

Reading Material

Past Travels