About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Follow Up on My Craziness

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy lady out their shopping for her hypothetical children. Well, since I'm shown you my hypothetical "boy" nursery, some have asked what about a girl...

Well, sister that's a whole other ball of wax all together. I haven't really decided, there are so many options that I absolutely adore. But I really love(d) the pink monkey set from PB Kids. My heart sank when I saw it on clearance and all sold out. You see Mr. Jetplane and I call each other monkey, and we also call Milo monkey sometimes. Also we call our friend Mandy's lil girl a spider monkey. Wow, we're some monkey loving fools aren't we?


So, while I'm not in general a fan of overwhelming pink, this spoke to me. Actually it screamed at me.

I adore the chair, which you can see the arm of in this picture. I wouldn't go all bananas (get it bananas, monkey....) and put monkeys everywhere, but I just love this. I would do the bedding, chair, but probably not the drapes. I wouldn't paint the walls all pink either, its a little pepto for me and most definitely Mr. Jetplane. (oh and I wouldn't paint a monkey on the wall, maybe a light stripe)

But there you go, our hypothetical children and their hypothetical PB nursery. Now I need a hypothetical fortune to buy all this junk...

15 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

I love all the monkey stuff! I was going to throw in a really cheesy comment about not monkeying around, but thought I should pass on that.

Come over & visit - I announced my Spring Fever give away today.

d.a.r. said...

Omg love love love!!!!

JD said...

Monkeys rule.

JD said...

that crib is bananas! b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Sara said...

L.O.V.E. that crib. Must begin planning my future offspring's rooms now.

Melissa said...

This post totally caught my eye!! I LOVED that bedding when I saw it too. I meant to keep checking and checking so when it went on sale I could buy it for any future children...I am so sad it is sold out. I love the chair too!!!!!!

Kate said...

I am loving the pink and brown combo!

armywife said...

I love that crib. I dread the day I am pregnant cause I know I will never be able to decided on a theme let alone a crib.

P.S. I do this too and I'm only 20

Anonymous said...

I know this post is all about the monkeys, which ARE really cute, but I am in love with that crib. Come on, it's a sleigh crib...how adorable!!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I LOVE PB kids...and like you, I have no children (other than furry ones) and have no plans of any anytime soon.

And I just want to say that I know you posted your girl room for the adorable monkey motif but that is my "dream" crib...if it wasn't like 2000$ or something ridiculous I'd buy it today, just to make sure I had if for my hypothetical children...

who are you calling crazy??

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

CUTE.

By the way, I don't think it's crazy at all to start daydreaming about this sort of stuff before you actually have kids. If it is, I'm of the same brand of crazy & say we should just enjoy and virtual-shop away.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I picked up the PB kids magazine the other day from the store. I can't stop looking through it!

Mrs. Mootz said...

So adorable! I love monkeys for a nursery...obviously since I decorated Lil' Mootz's in monkeys :)

Seaside Prep said...

i so plan for hypothetical children. My weakness for girls: smocked monogram baby dresses, My weakness for boys: sailor suits for baby boys! Love your taste!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. My daughter's room is done in ladybugs. I have to admit. This is way cuter.

Reading Material

Past Travels