About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

For the love of a vampire...


I finished my 4th Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead To The World, and it was the best one so far. People told me that the books keep getting better and they really do.

The 4th book is very exciting. Sookie's potential interests in Eric arise again and that adds an extra special level of interest to the storyline. (wink wink) And the evil Debbie is back, I hate this nasty lil shifter.

In this book, we're introduced to more mystical creatures you wouldn't have even known existed... witches, fairies, and all new shifters. Basically, a whole lot of crazy sh!t goes down. Don't worry the adorable Were Alcide is back, but not exactly the way I had hoped.

These books are great, and I highly recommend them. They are adult vampire stories in a way. You really feel for Sookie, and I'm not annoyed with her the way I was with Bella (Twilight) the entire time. Perhaps its because I'm an adult and I can relate to a 20-something waitress more than a high school student. The books also give you some pretty nice love scenes, and for a lonely old married lady, I'll take anything I can get.

So now I'm on to the 5th book, Dead as a Doornail. I'll keep you posted.

12 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I need to get back into reading.

Elliott said...

I *love* the Sookie series. My in-laws bought me the 8 book set for Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I finished book 8 and realized that there were more to come! I was expecting to find out who she'd end up with! (PS - I totally hope it's Erik!)

capperson said...

Where will yall be headed to in NC in the Spring? My brother is currently in Iraq but he actually is stationed and works in Goldsboro at Seymour Johnson Airforce Base.

KatieSaysSo said...

yay!!! i am so glad i found someone else who is reading these!!! ok so i finished book 3 but havent started on book 4 yet. i am in school so dont have tons of time. i liked book 3 much more than book 2. book 2 wasnt as good i thought....but now i am for sure excited to read book 4, dead to the world!!!! i cant believe there are so many!!! oh my word!!! i read them so fast too...it is crazy!!!

for sure let us know what you think of dead as a doornail!

PinkSass said...

I love that you love the book so much. These are just amazing books and they really do get better and better. Can't wait to hear what you think of all the upcoming books. Have you watch True Blood on HBO?

Sara said...

I must say, I am not as happy with book 4 as I was with book 3. That being said, its still super entertaining.

Sara said...

I haven't finished 4 yet. I am almost done though. I like eric in the book. I guess I am just not finding it as suspensful as the others. Glad to know debbie dies. I was really hoping someone would off the bitch. I'm kinda hoping it's Alcide who does it.

Mrs. Potts said...

I love the books! I just finished the 7th book & have to go out & get the 8th. I really like Eric with Sookie.

*Kimmie* said...

Make sure you stop by my blog today! =)

capperson said...

No, he actually works inside the fuel systems of the planes.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big reader, but when I do read I like Janet Evanovich. She writes really good suspense novels...I'll have to look into the set of books your reading it sounds pretty interesting.

A.D. said...

Book 4 was my favorite too. I just finished the 8th book after a frantic month long read-a-thon (I just couldn't stop reading them...it was an obsession)! I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Reading Material

Past Travels