About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trying to Make the Best of It

Unfortunately, I'm still sick. I awoke this morning to find the gland on the right side of my neck is seriously 5x its appropriate size. My throat doesn't hurt, but its incredibly dry and I can't blow my nose to save my life. All this stuff in my head, prefers to stay up there and not come out. UGH!!!

But, I'm going to try to will myself better....

That being said, I wanted to share with you my Valentine's Day gift to Mr. Jetplane... don't worry he doesn't read this blog, and if he does well then... you're ruining the surprise Mr. Since we can't be together, I decided to send him one of our favorite things to share together, dessert. More specifically... cheesecake.

You can choose a sampler or a whole cheesecake. I have sent this to him one time before, I think as a "just cause" present when he was away in Pittsburgh working.

I purchase these through 1800flowers, I have had only 1 issue ever using them to buy food/fruit and they kindly replaced them all the following day. It was a tragic chocolate covered strawberry incident where they sent the fruit ground, and let's say there wasn't much left of them when they arrived at my parents house. However, the next shipment was perfect and my mom said they were the biggest strawberries she's ever seen.

Just Cause presents are my favorite, I actually refer to them as Happy Tuesday or Wednesday or whatever day of the week it is. Sometimes when I buy myself something and bring it home, Mr. Jetplane will ask, what's that for???

To that I kindly respond, "Its my Happy Thursday present! Duh!".

XOXO

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love 1800Flowers! I have ordered food through them as well.

What a cute idea for a gift!

Sara said...

That's a great gift idea. I'm sure he'll love it! And... I do the same thing when I come home from shopping. I need some serious retail rehab after my Houston trip.

The Pink Chick said...

I hope you feel better very soon! Love the Valentine's gift! It is such a great idea!

Kelli said...

ohh that looks so yummy! I love cheesecake & 1800flowers!

I hope you feel better soon :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great present! I think I need a Happy Wednesday present! hehe!

Seaside Prep said...

perfect present. and I love that you give "just cause" presents! :) Feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! I was always iffy about purchasing something like that online, so this makes me want to try it!

Lara said...

Love 1800Flowers and the cheesecake looks delish! I know he will love it. I hope you guys have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Check out my blog after Valentine's to see my hubby's cool gift. I can't post it early because he likes to read our blog.

Reading Material

Past Travels