About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Deep Thoughts from Mrs. Jetplane

Well, they aren't exactly 'deep' but I couldn't think of anything witty for the title. Here are a couple of my 'deep' thoughts today.

1. I get sucked into Snapped on Oxygen. I freaking love it. Mr. Jetplane thinks that I'm weird, and perhaps I'm trying to figure out how to plan the perfect murder. I love this show. I'm watching it right now.

2. I desperately need to get my eye brows waxed today, which will also make it ok for me to get a Lemon-Berry Slushie at Sonic (since its right next door). I hadn't been to Sonic is over a year, I had no idea I can get a small slushie for only a $1.00. Real strawberries and lemons, sugar, and ice... nothing better.

3. Mr. Jetplane is in San Diego this weekend, he got there on Thursday. He sent a picture to my cell phone from the balcony of his base lodging. Ocean view, palm trees, just lovely. I also reminded him that one of our friends is out there right now going through F-16 training, of course he totally forgot. Thank God for the wifey and my wonderful memory. They got to hang out last night. Once he's done in SD he'll be stationed in SC, not too far from the Jetplanes in NC.

4. Thank you all so much for your understanding and kind words about dealing with friends' divorces. I worry about young couples, sometimes I feel like people get married too young and perhaps are too immature to deal with the realities of married life and military life, which adds another level of difficulty. If your marriage isn't strong, the military can destroy it. I feel that in times of separation, be that training (my case) or deployment, your marriage can either get stronger or fall apart. Mr. Jetplane and I being apart reminds us, how much we need each other in our day to day lives. We are truly each other's best friends. Its cheesy, but he completes me and without him here, a part of me is missing. Yes, that may sound sad to some, but to me that hopeful and wonderful, because that means in San Diego right now, there's a piece of me and here in P'cola there's a piece of him. No matter how far apart we are, we can always be together.

5. Mr. Jetplane will be home 17 days. 17 more days, and he'll be home. I can't wait. Will I still blog, yes I most definitely will. I might not comment as much as I normally 'try' too, but I will blog. This has become an amazing outlet for me, and I enjoy it a lot. I feel like I've made some friends out there, people that understand me and want to know about me. My days get lonely sometime, and this helps so much. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snapped is a good one...

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

17 days! Congratulations!

PreppyBumpkin said...

Hope the next 17 days pass quickly & you're able to enjoy your time together!!

Love your blog!

The Mrs. said...

17 days to go... you can do it!

tootie said...

That's awesome that he'll be home soon!

And I laughed at the part about your memory. I think that I'm the memory for both me and my husband, too :)

h-bomb said...

hahahah I love snapped and totally got sucked in last saturday. Hubby also gets freaked out by it. I evil laugh at him.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Glad to hear your hubby's coming home soon!!

SO happy you're keeping up the blogging!

caknitter said...

I'm counting down for you!
Yay, 17 days!
You really need to come to San Diego within that time. It's such a beautiful day today. You described Mr. J, base lodge with palm trees and ocean view???? Is he in Coronado by any chance? If he is, a dude I dated a while back might be his teacher....it is a small world after all. :-)
I know Florida more or less has the same type of weather, but nothing beats San Diego right now.
Hope you can make it and enjoy it with the hubby.

Mrs. Mootz said...

Snapped is one of my favorite.

17 days! Awesome!

Sara said...

Amazingly, it looks like I'm ahead of you. But then again, you're probably much busier than I. Even though I am busy at home, I'm still my own boss and will take reading breaks :-)

It still was not my favorite of the series, and book 5 is feeling much the same. I liked the new Eric, but I'd like to see a combo of the old and new for her to love if that's the way it goes. I liked how he was a likeable pervert lol. But to be honest, I am hoping she ends up with Bill or Alcide. Calvin Norris creeps me out and I hope they off the character. I feel bad for saying that but he gives me a pervy vibe, in the child rapist way. It just wasn't the must read the others were. I like Bill's character even when he's an ass, so I really want him to be more involved with the books. But it looks like he isn't even going to be mentioned in Book 5. I found it wasn't as suspenseful as the others. I thought it was cool that Jason is half-were now. I think it will bring the two closer and she'll have someone permanent to talk about the supernatural side with.

So what did you like about book 4? Who're you rooting for? What do you hope will happen? How do you feel about book 5 so far?

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Yay! 17 days! I am loving Sookie Stackhouse by the way. They're pretty quick reads (since they aren't 700 pages) and they're keeping me interested so far. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

SOOo happy for you! My friend's husband just got deployed for 6 months..he is a doctor...I am very excited for you! I hope these next 17 days goes by fast!

Miss E said...

17 days will fly by. You must be so excited!

Chic Runner said...

Yay for his being home so soon, and you better keep blogging! :)

Thanks for the tweet about the sonic slushies! I'll have to check that out! :)

Reading Material

Past Travels