About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, June 1, 2009

OMG I Turn 29 tomorrow!


Yes, you read that right, Mrs. Jetplane turns the big 2-9 tomorrow and I'll be honest I feel a little upset about it. 29 is almost 30 and 30 was an age I always knew I'd hit but hadn't really thought about it.

Looking back, say when I was 21 or 22, graduating college I had goals for myself for 30. To you, some of these goals might be shallow, but they are my own personal "big picture" goals for myself at 30.

1. Be Married - check
2. Own my own house - not there yet, moving too much, hopefully in NC we'll own
3. Have a child - not there yet, but totally fine with it
4. Making six figures - this is a huge personal goal I set for myself. I'm not there YET, and I had some set backs being laid off a couple of years ago, moving to Pcola... so I have pushed this goal out until 35. It will happen.
5. Take a 2 week adventure in Europe - not yet, but we may end up living in England, so we'll see.

Does anyone else have big picture goals for 30 or 40?

Now onto the Yard Sale we had this weekend.... We did great almost $700, that's pretty good if I say so myself. Especially because it was mainly just Saturday. And since we refused to open up at 6AM instead opened around 7:15. Oh well, Mrs. Jetplane drank a 6pk the night before and needed some beauty sleep.

22 comments:

Christy said...

I hear ya, I'm turning 29 on Saturday and it's much more difficult than I expected.

Awesome job on the yard sale, and have a great birthday tomorrow!

The Pink Chick said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful 29th birthday!

Sara said...

Man I hope my yard sale goes that well!

I know where that picture was taken and I am soooo jealous about the private cabana. we almost did that at the venetian at the Tao Beach. They had misting fans in there and private pools. Would have been cool :-) If I ever get a group of party loving girls together again we'll have to do that.

I used to have a lot of 30 goals but the military has changed my ability to achieve them. I think being debt free, and enough money in savings to put down 15% on a home, and 1 child.

Lucky in Love said...

Wow...you make me want to have a yard sale! How did your clothes sell? I always here that clothes don't do very well expect for kids clothes...so I was just curious before I start to think about selling mine :)

Unknown said...

We have the same birthday :) Happy early birthday!

Mojito Maven said...

Happy early birthday!!!! That pic of you makes me crave the beach and a pina colada.

Brandi said...

Happy early Birthday! :D

I love your goals and there is nothing wrong with pushing some back, I mean what's life for if we can't make it our own.

B

Stephanie said...

I need to make a list like this. I've never really thought about goals like that...I seem to gravitate more towards short term goals.

Happy early birthday :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

$700! That is a fantastic garage sale!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

happy early birthday!!! and $700 is amazing! good for y'all!!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your yard sale success and happy early birthday!!!

it is everlasting said...

I haven't made a "by 30" list because I have no idea what our lives are going to look like... but I guess that is the point- goals no matter what? Anyway... A very happy early 29th to you :) That picture makes me think of all the amazing yearly trips to vegas with my bff. Ahhh the good times!

Chic Runner said...

Hooray for it almost being your birthday! how exciting! :) Also, great job on the garage sale. :) !!!

gigi said...

i used to feel the same way, but now at 33, i'm LOVING my 30's and couldn't imagine wanting to be in my 20's again. love your personal goal list!

gigi

Random Musings said...

Happy Birthday!!

Allison Hasel said...

Love the photo! Happy early birthday!

rebecca said...

I'm so SO NOT excited to turn 29. Ugh.

Happy, uh, birthday to you... I guess ;)



I havent' really thought about it too much, goal wise. I think I'm happy where I am for now. I'm not a big goal kind of gal, I guess.

But fo real, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
XOXO

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

jlc said...

Happy early birthday!!


Yay mine is on Wednesday!! Perhaps this is why I love your blog... geminis unite! ;)


ouuu and if u move to england i'd be soooo thrilled for you!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Happy early Birthday!!

700 bucks freakin' rocks. I keep telling the Mr. we should stop being slackasses and have a garage sale and this is why.

And I should totally make some goals. I make short term goals but really never think too much about the future.. Hmm...

Jane said...

Happy birthday!

Did you advertise your garage sale beyond here?

Brittany said...

Happy birthday!

Reading Material

Past Travels