About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Think We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

First let me start off by saying I love my husband. There I said it.


Now, let's get to it... My husband, the adorable Mr. Jetplane, has serious issues with sitting still and doing nothing for an extended period of time. Mrs. Jetplane... well I can lay on a couch and watch television all day long...so obviously I don't have that problem.



Right now Mr. Jetplane is taking online courses for his M.S. and getting his private pilot license. Last week he got his scuba certification and this weekend the Jetplanes are taking sailing lessons. (Don't worry folks when we get to NC his free time will be non-existent.)

Yes Mr. Jetplane envisions us in a picture like this some day.

However for the time being, it will be more like this.





You see I was tricked into thinking that we'd be on the same boat so I would get some sun and Mr. would do all the work. That's not the case, we each have our own boat... now this isn't going to go well for Mrs. Jetplane.



You see, a while back the Jetplanes went out on a huge sailboat (huge) that is own by my boss. After a while he asked me if I wanted to steer, so I hopped up and he told me to see which way the wind was blowing... I couldn't figure it out, it feel like it was coming from every direction... UGH How am I suppose to sail when I can't even tell you which way the wind blows.... I hopeless

I jokingly told Mr. Jetplane that me alone on a sailboat will bring back memories of this.... Minus all the sexy guys of course...

Pray for me on Saturday... at least let me get a decent tan...

9 comments:

PinkSass said...

I'm on a boat!

Emily said...

aww have fun and get a tan!! Maybe it won't be that bad!

Girl Meets Beau said...

Ha I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure you will have a good time. Is it an all day thing? You might get a really awesome tan :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha that's too funny! I'm sure you'll be able to pull off some kind of tan!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm sure you will have some great stories to share from your weekend!

Running In Stilettos said...

Mr. Marine dreams of being unemployed and "sailing around the world with me while we homeschool our one day children."

Are you f-ing kidding me? That's one dream he will have to surrender or find another wife to take along :)

Lucky in Love said...

That's too funny! I would so be into it if we were on the same boat. Hubs is always talking about retiring and getting a sail boat...and then me working to support us. Um, no.

Chic Runner said...

Ha ha ha! Have fun and be careful. I would probably fall off the boat and drowned. :/

Hannah said...

ohhh being on that little boat would scare me if I was by myself!! Good luck with that

Reading Material

Past Travels