About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday Nights Just Got Better...


For anyone that has read this blog for any amount of time can tell, I am a FAN of the Southern Vampire Series (aka Sookie Stackhouse series...aka My entertainment while Mr. was away).


I actually found out about the book series after watching and loving the 1st season of True Blood on HBO. I enjoy both the series and the books immensely. While I do feel I am purist when it comes to the books v. series, I think that Alan Ball is a creative genius and no one could bring these books to life (pun intended) better than he could. I believe in his vision. While I don't fully support some of the choices he's made (Jason in the Fellowship) I will assume that his decisions are for the greater good of the series.


The season premiere last night was great. Who do you think killed Ms. Crazy Con Artist Lady, I know who I think did, but I'll keep my ideas to myself. I will say that I'm delighted Lafayette is still alive. He is a character that I am thrilled Mr. Ball saw potential in and grew into a much larger (and still alive) character in the series. Do you think he's going to make it out there alive, well in some form or fashion?


What are your thoughts are the season premiere? Happy?


I speak only for myself here but... I was happy with it. I'm excited to see where the majority of these story lines take us. I'm sure its going to be hot, sweaty, bloody Sunday nights for awhile at the Jetplanes' household.


P.S. Eric...thank you for making an appearance. I loved that you were getting your roots did, but honey your a vamp your hair isn't suppose to grow. Oh well... Mr. Ball I'll give you a pass... You brought us Eric and that's a good thing.

7 comments:

PinkSass said...

I really have to separate the books and the tv show. They are so different.

When Bill hesitated with sookie, I was like ooooh I know your secret Bill and I hate you!

Loved seeing Eric but yea I was like ummmm his hair doesn't change he is dead why would he need highlights.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to know...who do you think killed Ms. Jeanette?

I was SO glad that Lafayette didn't die...yet. He is one of my favorite characters...always makes me laugh.

Yeah, what's the deal with Jason and the Fellowship of the Sun?!? I thought that was definitely a weird turn, but I am excited to see where it goes!

Kate said...

LOVED Eric in the foils - I thought that was classic! I'm hoping Pam and Erick will turn Lafayette - I think he'd make one hell of a vampire!

Unknown said...

I think that there are definitely going to be some differences in the books and show...for one Katrina. I just hope Mr. Ball doesn't taint the series with too many changes (Jason). Am definitely ready for Eric..ehem...Mr. Ball...

Anonymous said...

I love that the show still has me guessing even though I'm reading the books. I don't like the idea of Jason being in the Fellowship either. WTF?! I think I might know who killed Ms. Jeanette, but not putting any bets on it.

Love Eric!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the books! I'm on book 4 right now. I never watched the show until it came out on dvd and when I got it, I finished it in 2 days!

Mrs. Realife said...

This was GREAT! Apparently I'm happy that I haven't read the books... people keep saying they are swaying --

Mr. R and I watched all last season and couldn't wait for the premier -- It was awesome!

Reading Material

Past Travels