About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Champagne Taste... Beer Budget

As I have said before I love champagne, its my favorite thing to drink. While my most favorite champagne is Veuve Clicquot which retails on sale for usually $49.99, (usually $50 - $70 bottle depending on where you buy it) it is a little out of the price range for non-important drinking festivities. (FYI - Cost Plus World Market sometimes sells it for $37.99, Winn- Dixie right now $59.99).

I do like to drink "cheaper" champagnes, when I can find them and when I like them. And my cheap favorite sells at Winn-Dixie for $4.99, now that's some cheap champagne.Its Verdi Spumante, its a sweet champagne but easily drinkable. We served it at my wedding and it went over HUGE. We had so many people comment on how great the champagne was. Our bridal party enjoyed it and so did I....

I drank a bottle of Verdi this weekend, while Brent was enjoying his Sam Adams Octoberfest....

2 comments:

amanda said...

I love Verdi too!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love champagne too. Barefoot is a good drinker under $10. Is Verdi anything like Asti? That's a little too sweet for me.

Reading Material

Past Travels