About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Its the smallest things that make me smile...

Ok, I'm going to start this post by saying, I'm fully aware that I'm a weirdo.

Ok that's out there.

Every morning when heading to work, I keep my eye out for something that always brings a smile to my face. And, if I don't see if in the morning, well, the day just doesn't start off right.

Living in P'cola, neighborhoods change rapidly from one street to the next. We live in a nice subdivision, but as I drive the side streets to get to a "main" road to head into work, I pass various types of neighborhoods. I see a couple of churches, a school, but my favorite is some sort of contractor (I have no idea what they do) but they the cutest goat that wandering around their large gated area. Yes, I said goat. His name is Fred, well, that's what I call him. He wanders around the area, and appears to know his boundaries because the gates are open and the street in front of the shop is pretty busy. In the morning or evenings, I'm always on the lookout. He's a cute, old, brown goat, and when its a cold morning like today, or raining I always wonder how he is when I drive by.

For the longest time, I kept telling the Mr. that there was a goat in that yard and he NEVER believed me. Every time we drove by he didn't see him or Fred was hiding. Finally, one Sunday afternoon, Fred was out and now the Mr. keeps a look out for him as well.

So here's to Fred. He was out dancing around the yard today and it most definitely brought a smile to my face.

2 comments:

Dugout Daisy said...

I completely understand!!! When I was in High School I always drove by a field with horses on my way to school, but it was never the horses I would look at... there was always a little pot bellied pig out there in the field with them. Every morning I'd see the little guy and it would always make me happy to see a little pig just hanging out with all the big horses acting like he belonged there. Very cute story... wave to Fred for me when you see him next!

AmberDenae said...

I hear ya on the neighborhoods changing every 1/2 a mile! There is no zoning here! It's crazy!

Where is this goat?! I wanna see him!!! :) haha

Reading Material

Past Travels