About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mad Men Musings....

OMG! Did you watch last night. Very interesting episode indeed.


The episode, the last episode before the finale, is titled "The Mountain King". I love MM. I love all the twists and turns, character development, and symbolism. Here are my thoughts/questions?


1. Wow, Don you are a total fraud. Its amazing how different he acts being Don or being Dick?

2. Interesting Anna is the only female in his life he doesn't want to have sex with.

3. Peggy is really coming into her own, and I love it. She shouldn't be next to the copy machine, its demeaning.

4. Poor Joan. Such a strong woman, she has to get out of that relationship. Her Dr. is a total jerkoff. But she's getting old, and probably doesn't see her options.

5. Betty - why was she bleeding?

6. Pete - stop yelling at your wife and way to go sticking it to your Father in Law.

7. I thought it was hilarious that Alice Cooper insinuated that his new girlfriend was another "child" for him to take care of.

8. The last scene, I saw it as a baptism of sorts, but others see it as a suicide attempt. I still believe baptism, he's cleansing myself of all the mess he's gotten himself into this season.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Heather, thanks for the comment last week! Always nice to find a new blog to read. I'm an airforce brat.

Unknown said...

My boyfriend and I watch MM and LOVE it. I also thought the last scene as a baptism. Interesting to hear some thought it was a suicide... its not like you could kill Don... we love to hate him too much! Betty has a real dark side too!

Reading Material

Past Travels