About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Guess What's In Town



The FAIR!!! Yeah!



The P'cola Interstate Fair is in town, and we had to make a visit. Overall, the P'cola fair isn't the best I've been to but, they do have "free" concerts that make the $10 entry fee worth it. A couple of years ago we watched Skid Row. Last night was Bucky Covington. We got there around 6pm, walked around ate a TON of food and watched about an hour of the concert. He was ok, I knew of 2 of his songs, and then he started playing covers of Steppenwolf, Pink Floyd, etc. That's when we left.



Picture of us 2 years ago at the fair. It was cold, why am I eating ice cream???



Picture of us before we went to the fair. Before I felt the ill from all the fat and sugar....

We headed home and felt the pain of eating Fair Food .... We first ate a corndog a piece and split a lemon shake-up. We walked around looking at all the hot rods, then the photography/art exhibits, played some games (we have heated skee ball tournaments, I unfortunately only won the 1st game), Brent tried to win me a huge stuffed pug (but I only let him spend $4 trying), and then off to eat more. We ate a gyro and fries, Brent had a huge Philly Cheesesteak, and then he wanted ice cream. We had to watch Bucky, because we couldn't move...

We got home, had some drinks, and proceeded to have a hotly contested game of Scrabble, that neither one of us with acknowledge whether the other won or not. We both rocked some 6 letter words in the beginning, so at the end of the game, it came down to whether or not "AH" could be used as a word. Based upon the online dictionary its not a "word" that could be used, but Brent swears in his brother's Scrabble dictionary it can be used. I refused to accept it and then I'd win by 2 points, he ignored my refusal and says he won by 4 points. I ripped up the score paper so this game had no history....

Sorry.... We're total nerds.
Here's a pic from the concert. Brent's Grandma Emma is a huge American Idol fan. We had to get a pic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I so miss the Fair....The fair here was nothing compared to P'cola's...

Anonymous said...

I love Bucky! You are so lucky to have gotten to hear him. Thanks for posting the picture of him!!

Anonymous said...

Bucky Covington puts on a great show, you should of stayed and actually listened to him! He is a country/southern rock artist and I have heard him cover just about everything! My favorite is Pink Floyd's "The Wall" Thanks for the picture, I'm sure Grandma was happy!

Reading Material

Past Travels