Fellow Travelers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Guess What's In Town



The FAIR!!! Yeah!



The P'cola Interstate Fair is in town, and we had to make a visit. Overall, the P'cola fair isn't the best I've been to but, they do have "free" concerts that make the $10 entry fee worth it. A couple of years ago we watched Skid Row. Last night was Bucky Covington. We got there around 6pm, walked around ate a TON of food and watched about an hour of the concert. He was ok, I knew of 2 of his songs, and then he started playing covers of Steppenwolf, Pink Floyd, etc. That's when we left.



Picture of us 2 years ago at the fair. It was cold, why am I eating ice cream???



Picture of us before we went to the fair. Before I felt the ill from all the fat and sugar....

We headed home and felt the pain of eating Fair Food .... We first ate a corndog a piece and split a lemon shake-up. We walked around looking at all the hot rods, then the photography/art exhibits, played some games (we have heated skee ball tournaments, I unfortunately only won the 1st game), Brent tried to win me a huge stuffed pug (but I only let him spend $4 trying), and then off to eat more. We ate a gyro and fries, Brent had a huge Philly Cheesesteak, and then he wanted ice cream. We had to watch Bucky, because we couldn't move...

We got home, had some drinks, and proceeded to have a hotly contested game of Scrabble, that neither one of us with acknowledge whether the other won or not. We both rocked some 6 letter words in the beginning, so at the end of the game, it came down to whether or not "AH" could be used as a word. Based upon the online dictionary its not a "word" that could be used, but Brent swears in his brother's Scrabble dictionary it can be used. I refused to accept it and then I'd win by 2 points, he ignored my refusal and says he won by 4 points. I ripped up the score paper so this game had no history....

Sorry.... We're total nerds.
Here's a pic from the concert. Brent's Grandma Emma is a huge American Idol fan. We had to get a pic.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I so miss the Fair....The fair here was nothing compared to P'cola's...

Anonymous said...

I love Bucky! You are so lucky to have gotten to hear him. Thanks for posting the picture of him!!

Anonymous said...

Bucky Covington puts on a great show, you should of stayed and actually listened to him! He is a country/southern rock artist and I have heard him cover just about everything! My favorite is Pink Floyd's "The Wall" Thanks for the picture, I'm sure Grandma was happy!

Reading Material

Past Travels