About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Women everywhere thank you!!!

Do you know who this woman is? Well you should, we all should!

In 1982, Nancy Brinker founded Susan G. Koman for the Cure in honor of her beloved sister, Susie. The goal of the foundation is to create a network for survivors to help raise awareness, raise money through events like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® to help fund research, and most importantly, give hope to those struggling with the disease. To date, the foundation has raised more than $1 billion for breast cancer research.
"I love our organization," Nancy says. "It is my sister to me."
Thank you Nancy for being who you are, yourself a survivor, and doing what you do everyday to make a difference in this world.
As you all know, or you should, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer has touched my life, most recently with my mother being diagnosed in the past several weeks.
I hope to provide some informative blogs about Breast Cancer and about great women who've helped educate and work for a cure.
Save the Ta Ta's everyone....

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am VERY sorry to hear about your mother!

In my prayers!

Reading Material

Past Travels