Fellow Travelers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Weekend that Was...

This weekend was the last one that the Hubby and I had together before he left for training in Texas. It was good and sad all at the same time.

Friday we met up with some friends at O-Zone's, a great pizza place in P'cola. We shared some yummy pizza, beers, and wine for me, as well as some great conversation. After that we headed downtown to Will-Call a new sports bar, then to our regular bar, Intermission. We played some darts, and Hubby and I dominated.... I'll admit I probably drank alittle too much. But it was a good time.

Saturday, since I drank too much we didn't make it to yoga. Instead we took Charlie to get his incision checked at the vet, get groomed, and buy him his new Blue Buffalo dog food that we're trying. That afternoon we returned some things to the NEX, stocked up on Halloween candy, got a bulb to fix my tail light, stopped at Lowe's for supplies, and then headed home to do some yard work.

With the Mr. taking Charlie with him to TX, we thought it was time to start repairing some of the "damage" that he had put on the yard. We filled in the "trenches" he dug in the yard and planted grass seed. I also talked Brent into letting me get mums for the front porch. I had to talk him into it, because at our last house, I bought huge baskets of mums 2x, and killed them all. So I bought a smaller pot of mums and cross my fingers I don't kill them, because they are really pretty...

Saturday night was very chill, we BBQ'd some chicken, watched Almost Famous (one of my favs), my DVR'd copy of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and then I passed out on the couch. I have a small partial filling that fell out last week. I went to the dentist, but I'm a new patient so I couldn't get it fixed that day. I'm getting it taken care of this week, but last night my it was very sore. I took a pill for the pain and it put me to sleep.

Today, well it was a very lazy day. I went to the grocery store and stocked up for the next week or so. Came home, watched plenty of "Moving Up" and played with Milo and his new toys that I bought him today. We took care of the yard, watering the new grass, Miracle Growed the plants I'm willing back to life, and re potted the mum.

Tonight, the Milo and I took a walk, made dinner, and we're chilling watching Extreme Home Makeover, which I'm sure I'm going to bawl any minute now.

So the Mr. is gone until March, granted we'll be together for Thanksgiving, Xmas, and NYE, but march seems forever away....

I don't know about anyone else who's away from their spouse for an extended period of time, the worst for me is waking up in the middle of the night with them not there and coming home from work to an empty house. Thank goodness I have the lil puggie to meet me at the door and to snuggle with.... I've been told that we snore we in unison.

Oh... I almost forgot... I also received a totally awesome package at my doorstep. More about that tomorow.... All I'll say is I'm madly in love with it, and I'll do my best to talk about it tomorrow evening...


amanda said...

Hang in there girl!!

Nette said...

That pugs face kills me. Sweet.

Reading Material

Past Travels