About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I got myself an M.R.S. degree...

Well that's what Mama Jetplane always referred to her education as, she never had the opportunity to go to college. She got pregnant with me and then married my "biological" father.

She was so proud of my achievements throughout high school and college, and was delighted that I got a great paying job right out of college. She was sad I moved away, but happy for my independence. I would never "need" to count on a man for survival, the way she felt she had to when married to my dad. I could and would provide for myself.

But I totally digress. The Jetplanes' are going back to college. Well, Mr. Jetplane is going back taking some online courses, and Mrs. Jetplane feels like she is too. I'm going to be there (in spirit) with me, step by step, reviewing all his papers, giving him advice, etc. We have our 1st paper due this week. He's totally stressed out and thinks he's taking on too much which he very well might be (EWO school, physical therapy, 2 grad school classes, and wife to tend to). I think he's going to drop one of the classes, I think its a good idea. He's going to keep his Ethics class, he says he can BS his way through that.... (yes, that's my hubby)

Why is Mr. Jetplane going back to college - well in order to make Major (which won't happen for a long ass time) he has to have a Masters degree.

Will Mrs. Jetplane go back to school... I'm not sure. I entertain that thought A LOT. I think about going and getting my MBA or even an M.A., but I don't think I could do it right now. We'll see what the future holds and I'll keep you updated on Mr. Jetplane.

Oh, and Mr. Jetplane has agreed to answer all your questions. So keep them coming... Fair warning... he's extremely sarcastic, as noted above, and I'll be posting him responses word for word.

XOXO

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

My MBA is going to be the death of me.

I'll sell you my books though :)

Good for him for doing back. I really don't like it, but I need to do it to get the dream job in my company that I so badly want.

Oh, and for the tights report today: green.

Living for the Little Moments said...

What went through Mr. Jetplane's mind when he first saw you on your wedding day?

What did he want to be when he grew up when he was 8 years old?

Where does he see the 2 of you in 10 years?

Melissa said...

Hooray for going back to school!

What is Mr. Jetplane getting his master's in?

TJK said...

My boyfriend left active duty to get his undergrad degree. We are a year and a half into the four years, so I definitely feel your pain! I've been out of school for over four years now and it feels weird editing college papers! Good luck and I hope you have a good stash of coffee if your husband is as big of a procrastinator as my boyfriend :)

Sara said...

It's good he's doing it now. Back when my dad was getting into the airforce they required all pilots to have engineering degrees of some sort. Then, when he was a Major he asked one of the Col's if a master's was necessary for further rank. The man's reply was, "I wouldn't know because I've never seen a Col who didn't have his master's." At least now no one has to ask if it's required.Good luck, Mr.!

Chic Runner said...

I am in the same boat. I keep entertaining the thought of going back but then I realize I would have to work AND go to school and it doesn't seem so appealing. Oh life's decisions. :)

Ashley said...

I've thought about going back, as well. I don't think an MBA would help me in my current job but if would probably help snag another good job should that need ever arise... and I'm sure it will at some point. But for the time being I'm pretty content. I worry the longer I wait the less likely I'll go back. Hopefully Mr. Jet Plane will 'BS' his way through classes. Haha!

Mary Michal said...

I love it when people refer to getting married as getting their MRS degree. It's so great that Mr. Jetplane is going back to school. I'm sure it's tough now, but it will definitely be worth it!

rebecca said...

I'm SO glad I'm done with the work part of college, lol, but the party fun party part I'd do again in a sec. Too late for that though! I'm glad I got my M.Ed. before I had kids, I can't imagine doing it now, lol! Good for him for going back. My hubs is working on his too, through the mil. Fun fun. He just tasked me with finding some cheap books. Ugh.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

How exciting for you two! I love school - I am one of those people who would probably go forever if it was a career!

College Research Paper said...

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others.

Reading Material

Past Travels