About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mrs. Jetplane is wanting....

These lovely lil gems....


HWTM featured a Warhol theme cocktail party and showed these today from CB2. They are only $1.50 a piece. I'm madly in love with Andy Warhol and have been since high school. I was seriously into the whole beatnik scene in high school and actually did my entire research project in high school on how Jim Carroll was the last American Beatnik. (He is the author of Basketball Diaries and Forced Entries). I was a very deep lil cheerleader girl, with her love of poetry, punk rock, and all. Needless to say, this is what developed my love of Andy Warhol - his quotes, life, artwork, etc. I actually had posters on my walls in high school and college that had these quotes on them.


So you now ask yourselves... Mrs. Jetplane what are you planning on doing with this lil plastic plates? Are you really going to be serving people off them at dinner parties?


Well simple answer - No!


I'm going to use them in my new home office when we move to NC. I could display them, hang them (some how), use to snack on, put my thumb tacks and paperclips in, who knows. But I love them and have to have them.

I have a lot of ideas for my new home office. I think if I have to work from home, I don't want to feel like it. I want to be transported to somewhere else, so I stay focused, relaxed, and some what happy to be working (from home).

5 comments:

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Great plates, I think that they're fun and colorful and they have great quotes on them. I think that they'd be very useful in your office...and I'm a big fan of Basketball diaries.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

HWTM is THE best site! I want to have every one of their parties. Or at least go to them!

Allison Hasel said...

Yes, you will definitely want your home office to be a place you like working in! My Mississippi home office is okay, but I'm planning on my Vegas home office to be rockin' so I never want to leave. Right now, I spend a lot of time in an alternative home office in the living room in front of the tv and I don't want to do that in Vegas.

As grateful as I am to have the ability to do what I actually got my degree in from home, it is still really lonely sometimes. A colorful, inspiring office can help with that!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Oh, I love Andy Warhol! Love these-wish we had a cb2 near us.

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I literally JUST ordered these in prints for my wall! I posted about it! It will look great, and if you want the prints (you can get them in a group of 4 for a discounted price), go to AllPosters.com

Reading Material

Past Travels