About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mrs. Jetplane is still cooking

This weekend I tried another new recipe, Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp from Pioneer Woman. OMG I just found her website last week and I'm totally loving it. Her original recipe can be found here. I admit I did alter it a little bit because I wanted more shrimp, and Mrs. Jetplane doesn't like food that is really spicy so I tried to reduce the spice a little bit, but no worries it was still spicy.



(Frozen) Raw Shrimp I bought the peeled and deveined bag (41-50 per bag)


Good quality Orange Juice 1 1/3 cup (Simply Orange is the only OJ the Jetplanes' drink - NO pulp)

3 Cloves of Garlic - diced


3 Tablespoons Salted Butter

Ground Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp



Old Bay Seasoning 1 tsp


1. Defrost the shrimp - put in a strainer and run under cold water until thawed fully.

2. Then place the shrimp on a paper towel
3. Combine OJ, garlic, and spices together - stir



4. Melt 2 Tbsp in a pan on High heat, once melted pop in the shrimp.


5. Cook the shrimp, it shouldn't take too long. Use tongs to flip the shrimp its easier.


6. Remove shrimp and keep the pan on High. Allow pan to smoke slightly then all the OJ mixture to the pan and stir.


7. Add final tbsp of butter and stir, this should create a thicker sauce.


8. Combine the shrimp to the pan with the sauce and stir.




My alterations to the recipe were more shrimp and OJ. So my sauce was not thick as hers but I'm totally cool with that.


This was totally delicious and I loved it. I know Mr. Jetplane will adore it and will want it hot.

Hope you to this and enjoy it.


XOXO

5 comments:

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I loved this post! I love the recipe & can't wait to try it, but also the pictures of the process were fun :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

That looks yummy! I love shrimp and I love PW! She has some amazing recipes. The whiskey glazed carrots and pasta a la betty (or something like that) are both delish.

Unknown said...

I am going to try that this weekend! Kim is coming to town on thursday! How is the Mr?

Jennifer said...

That looks amazing! I will have to try it!

Sara said...

Oooohhh! Looks yummy and best of all, super easy. I'll have to check out Pioneer Woman!

Reading Material

Past Travels