About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Keeping it on the Down Low

So Mrs. Jetplane can't really talk about what she does on a platform such as this and I really wish I could. The projects that I work on our confidential and the conversations that I have with people concerning said projects are confidential. Most of the times, the projects while intellectually demanding, can be down right BORING. But every once in a while, I get a project that is extremely relevant to the gossip loving, clothes whoring, reality television loving self of Mrs. Jetplane. And a project like that came in yesterday.

Times are tough right now in the American workplace, but I am so incredibly thankful that my company (while we did layoff several people after Thanksgiving) is currently thriving with projects. I have successfully closed 3 projects this month, my goal is 5 a month and I can see that actually happening.

The past few months have been hard all around, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am grateful for the opportunity to keep working at my job from home when we move. It would not be pleasant to have to look for a job in this economy. And for all of you out there who are, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have been there and it can be tough.

I was laid off from my last job in Indy, and literally was on unemployment for 6 months. It was incredibly hard to find a financially comparable job when I moved to Florida to be with Mr. Jetplane. But I stuck it out and started my new job literally the week my unemployment ran out. And let me tell you, my unemployment from Indiana was not much at all. Thank God I had a substantial saving to live off of.

Word to the wise, save money while and when you can. There will come a time, when you will need it.

Back to Work....

FYI - I swear the tofu recipe doesn't taste like tofu. I hate health food, I can't eat frozen WW meals and fat free cheese. I wouldn't eat this if it tasted like tofu. Mr. Jetplane wouldn't eat it if it did either.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am glad I am not the only one that keeps her job on the DL :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Great post!

Reading Material

Past Travels