About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Monday, January 26, 2009

I love you all, but this is getting out of hand...

I mentioned a few posts ago that every where I turn someone is trying to get pregnant, is pregnant, or just had a baby.

I jokingly said that every week someone is announcing they are pregnant. Well, 2 more couples added to the list this weekend. Mr. Jetplane called me and gave me the news.

The conversation went like this....

Mr. J: "Hi babe, I got some news for you."
Me: "Okay, what is it?"
Mr. J: "Are you sitting down?"
Me: "Yes, what is it?"
Mr. J: "Ummm..."
Me: "You're not going to tell me someone else is pregnant are you?"
Mr. J: "Yes... The H's are pregnant (these are Mr. Jetplane's roommates in Texas, right now)."
Me: "That's great they've been trying to get pregnant, which means they have totally been getting it on in the next bedroom... Ha Ha."
Mr. J: "I know don't remind me."
Me: "How far along is she?"
Mr. J: " I don't know, am I suppose to ask, that's kinda personal?"
Me: "Yes, that is a standard question. So who else is pregnant"
Mr. J: "My cousin and his wife (one of Mr. Jetplane's groomsmen and Mr. JP was his cousin's BM in their wedding in August)."
Me: "Wow they didn't waste anytime, did they?"
Mr. J: "Well they've been together forever. They started dating right before I moved to Indy."
Me: "Yeah, well we started dating a couple of months after you moved to Indy. So we've been together about as long as they have."
Mr. J "Oh I guess you're right!"
Me: "I seriously feel like my uterus is in a vice."
Mr. J: "You're what's in a what?"
Me: "My UTERUS is in a vice. So much pressure..."
Mr. J: "I know my grandma and my dad asked me yesterday if you're pregnant yet and when we're going to get pregnant."
Me: "Please don't talk about my uterus with other people."
Mr. J: "Okay honey... We're not in a rush, considering we don't even live together right now, I sure hope you're not pregnant."


I do love and adore all the people that are having babies. I love babies, but I am feeling an overwhelming pressue to start wanting kids. Seriously if I find out one more person is pregnant today, I'm going to scream.

XOXO

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to call you today but maybe I will call you next week then...{wink} {wink}

Unknown said...

ha!ha! just kidding! Whoever makes my birth control will have a lawsuit if I get pregnant!

Running In Stilettos said...

I had a dream the other night that I got knocked-up. I told my husband that I woke-up sweating! I told him in my dream that getting pregnant ruined everything we wanted to do and it was a huge mistake! I think that's a sign we might not be ready!

Sarah said...

O my goodness I know the feeling we are not planning on kids for while but everyone in our family asks me WHEN at every event

Adventures in Newlywed said...

I'm NOT pregnant - and all of my friends think I'll be the next out of all of us to get knocked up. No thank you, definitely not ready!

Stephanie said...

We get the question all of the time as well.

Seriously. Sick. of. it.

My ute is no one's business.

d.a.r. said...

Yep, my MIL just cornered me about this yesterday. I told her that the next time my husband's penis is in the same continent, we may consider it. She was disgusted and probably won't ask again :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I think I'm at the step right before that - all my friends are getting engaged/married. It's sometimes frustrating, so I know how you feel!

Lis said...

I totally know what you mean, besides some friends and co-workers that are preggers so are 3 out of the 5 women I hang out with in my neighborhood. There is no escape...

Madison Sanders said...

Just don't let it bother you. Do what you feel is best for you.
Everyone's situation is different, but I know what you mean.
The society we live in today. people grow up thinking that the date someone, get married, and have kids. There's more to life than that. Girls think that's the norm, but I would much rather have a career before I have kids. I love kids too, but I'm not ready. I'm only in college.

TONS of people that I went to high school with are pregnant...at ages 17, 18, and 19! Yesterday, I found out that a 13 year old girl from the middle school I went to is pregnant. 13! The dad is only 14. When I was a senior, I knew of AT LEAST 10 girls who were pregnant. I don't understand why girls want to rush into things. Kids are a huge responsibilty, and girls/women better be ready when they do decide to have kids.

Ok, I'll get off of my soapbox. :)

Sara said...

I snorted out loud when you told him not to talk about your uterus with other people. Thank God my family does NOT pressure us. In fact, I would say they'd be pissed if we were prego any time soon.

Sara said...

Well I'm on the exact opposite end from most of your commenters so far - I am most definitely trying to get knocked up! But I swear every person I know is beating me to it. After the latest announcement (this past Friday), I told my husband I was going to start counting the people I know who AREN'T pregnant because it's a much shorter list!

Chic Runner said...

I totally think that about with my friends and getting married. does it ever end? ugh!

Katie said...

I thought I'd introduce myself- I came across your blog through other military related ones. I'm Katie and also a mil-spouse.

My husband and I were trying to get preggo before he deployed but it didn't happen. We aren't really getting any pressure just yet. My inlaws would love to have grandkids but don't bug us about it. And my mom- would be thrilled but I don't think she's ready to be a grandma yet- she's still in her 40's!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, I I feel that way at times.

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I hear ya...every person that I work with either had, is having, or is planning on having a baby. I've gone to 8 baby showers for work in the last year, and now that I'm married apparently its my turn. I get asked on a daily basis if we're trying yet...its frustrating.

The family front is a little different, my sis has been married for almost 4 years and is 10years older than me. She has been trying for awhile, so the pressure isn't on me so much there.

I did joke with the hubby today though...since we got married I canceled my health insurance. I'm covered under him now obviously...Well I went to pick up my pills and they tried to bill my old insurance, which did not go through. They asked for my new card which I don't have of course since the military is so speedy...so I paid 40.00 for 1 months worth of pills. I told the hubby that if this was how it was going to be, we'd be getting pregnant pretty soon. He called the insurance company after that.

Running In Stilettos said...

He is the Operations Officer at the recruiting station here in St. Louis. It is so strange to still be living the military life but only be around "normal" people. Because after all, he may be non-deployable right now but we are still not a "normal" family! I hated the idea of living on base until I did it in NC, and now I miss the community of wives and other military couples!

Ashley said...

When we went to Colombia to visit Lucas's family I think our first conversation we had with everyone was about when are we going to have children. Nothing like talking about your uterus to new people in a foreign language. Haha!

rebecca said...

Don't let baby pressure get to you. Trust me on this one. ;)

Once you have kids, there is NEVER any going back. Ever. Ever ever. It's great, don't get me wrong, but you know... enjoy your freedom, lol!

Anonymous said...

I know...babies are popping up everywhere!!

Everytime we go and visit my family, that is the first subject they bring up. :)

Muffy said...

HAHAHA! How stressful for you! "Please don't talk about my uterus with other people" HAHAHA!!!

Reading Material

Past Travels