Fellow Travelers

Friday, January 2, 2009

So sad to see you go...


My Christmas decorations that is....

Last night I started taking down all the decorations. Here are a few of my favorite things from his holiday season.

I love these mercury glass ornaments that I found at TJ Maxx.


I was so excited to find these at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off.




I also filled at footed vase with Martha Stewart glitter ornaments. I really liked this, but I feel it needed to sit higher.



Finally, I have a new love of tree toppers. I bought a new one (big blue) at TJ Maxx when visiting Mr. Jetplane it was 70% off. Is it weird to want to keep them up all year? Maybe at least until Spring?



I also made low fat Beef Stroganoff last night. It was pretty good, no butter, reduced fat sour cream... I'll post a recipe later today.

6 comments:

Mrs. Newlywed said...

at least you put up a tree...

AmberP said...

I am sad the Christmas season is coming to an end... boooooo on that!
I have to get moving on taking my stuff down, I think I will procrastinate just a littttle bit longer!
Your decorations were beautiful :)

Lis said...

Oh I hate taking down my decorations too. I always feel like my house looks so plain and boring after the holidays!!

Newlywed Next Door said...

I think you can leave up those trees -- they are SO pretty! The only reason I enjoyed taking down my decorations is because I bought so many fun after christmas sale decorations that I'm excited to put up next year. Happy New Year!

*Kimmie* said...

So sad! I'll keep mine up for just one more week. Partially due to pure laziness, but also so I can have just a little longer with all of the holiday cheer! The stroganoff looks wonderful!

Sara said...

I love your decorations! I hate putting them up too. You must be southern eating beef strognauf and all

Reading Material

Past Travels