About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Love is Better than Chocolate


Today is the weekend, and of course these are the hard days when I really miss Mr. Jetplane. These are the days that we hung out together and did meaningless tasks. These are the days that we slept in, worked out, walked the dogs, made lunch, went to the movies, went to Best Buy, rode around on the motor cycle, cleaned the house, etc. etc.

These are the days that I really truly miss him. Not that I don't miss him every single day, because I do, but these are the days that I'm alone to really be with my thoughts.

Our house is empty without him and Charlie. We rent a 4 bedroom house and with just Milo and I, there have been days perhaps a week or so that I haven't even been in the other 3 bedrooms (office, guest bedroom, workout/excess wedding related storage).

I know I need to keep in all in perspective, he's just in Texas (not Iraq) and for that I'm forever grateful, but that doesn't put him here with me today.

I wish here was here so he could help me put the Christmas decorations back up in the attic, cut down the dead flowers in the yard, go with me to the pug meetup at the dog park, go to yoga together, go get some subway, and just hang out. But he can't be here so Milo and I will make do.

We're going to do some laundry, go to our pug meetup, go to the grocery store, clean up the house, and hopefully go on a long walk (if it doesn't rain).

Miss you Mr. Jetplane, can't wait to see you.

8 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, I would miss Mr. Guru if he were not here. Have a great day!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, that makes me sad, but happy that you have such a fantastic relationship with your husband! I hope you two reunite soon!

Allison Hasel said...

I hear ya! I'm only one week in. I was looking really forward to the downtime and girls' dinners/lunches, but I forgot how many of our friends are long gone.

Nick watches football most weekends, which I don't love, and don't tell him, but I have football on the tv right now! Haha.

Mrs. Ruby said...

Aww. This makes me sad...and I'm sure Mr. Jetplane is missing you JUST AS MUCH! These times only make you stronger...

jlc said...

Just wanted to say my husband and I are huge Sarah fans and I LOVEEEEE the title of your post. :)


However, from personal experience tis never a wise idea to listen TO sarah when the hubby's not around. ;)

Mary Michal said...

I'm so sad for you. My fiance lives 30 minutes away from me, and I miss him. I can only imagine how much you miss Mr. Jetplane.

KatieSaysSo said...

Love the title of the post!!! i love that song!!! =)

Sorry that you are missing your hubby so much! But you are so lucky to have such a great relationship with him =) Hope you two get to see eachother very soon!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

awww :)

Reading Material

Past Travels