About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mrs. Jetplane loves her some vampires

Well by now most of us have already surcome to the addiction that is Twlight. I read all 4 books with a fever that was only exceeded by Harry Potter books, yes I'm a total geek sometimes. I love the Twlight books (except for the 2nd one), disliked the movie, and am extremely upset that they are rushing the 2nd movie (bad move).
But no fear, Edward Cullen isn't the only vampire that Mrs. Jetplane is interested in, introduce Bill Compton and the HBO seried True Blood. True Blood is based upon the Sookie Stackhouse book series written by Charlaine Harris. These books are extremely different than Twlight, if you've seen even 1 episode of True Blood you'll know that's true. The series is set in Lousiana and vampires have become a some what accepted minority in the United States. They live and work among regular folk, and drink True Blood which is a synthetic blood drink created for them to survive without human blood.


I've started the first book in the series Dead Until Dark. Its not as addicting as Twlight, but I am enjoying them. I hope I can make it through the whole 8 book series. I'll keep you updated.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Twilight! i was very cautious about starting the series since all my high school kids were reading it but i couldn't put down the 1st book. I just finished the 2nd book (and liked it just as well as the 1st) and have started the 3rd. I went and saw the movie yesterday and enjoyed it. I will have to check out this other series that you are reading. Let me know how you like it.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Mm, Vampies. I love True Blood! It is VERY different from Twilight, but fantastic in it's own way! I've yet to read any of the books though...

Mrs. Ruby said...

I recently read Twilight (I know, I'm behind the rest of the world). But I truly couldn't put it down. Oh, and now I too have a thing for vampires. Haha. :)

AmberW said...

Ohhhh another good book to add to the list.
I read Twilight and was in looovveeee with it! I had just come off reading the most AMAZING three books by Paullina Simons that I was scared to jump into anything else but they compared well!!

jlc said...

Yay for a fellow Twilight fan!!! (although I hated the movie)

I'll have to check this one out as well. :)

PinkSass said...

This is so funny. I just wrote a post on these books. I loved them! I just finished the last book. You are going to love them, they get better and better!

Dugout Daisy said...

PinkSass is right, these books do get sooo good! I absolutely love the series on TV too!
They are very different than the Twilight Saga but still so good. I'm reading the books The Vampire Diaries right now... high school vamps similar to Twilight but not as addicting, all in all a fun read. I can't get enough of books about vampires!!! :D

KatieSaysSo said...

I actually saw a bunch of episodes over the weekend on HBO of True Blood. I really liked it!! I am going to have to keep watching!

Let us know how the book is too!!! =)

Mrs. Potts said...

I loved the Twilight series - I was sucked in & couldn't put them down. I'm also a huge fan of True Blood - what a great show. I'm eager to see what you think of the full book.

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I love Twilight and I've heard very good things about True Blood (the show). I'm waiting to catch episodes as reruns since I missed the series. I might have to check out those books...

" Dallas " said...

How great, keep going with the books- they will grow on you !
Remember there are also secret short stories you have to find and read .. I think you will like my blog
http://lovingtruebloodindallas.blogspot.com/

Thanks , "Dallas"

JD said...

Oh, I haven't read the rest of the twilight books because the 2nd one sucked (no pun intended) so much. good to hear that i might need to crack open the 3rd and 4th.

Reading Material

Past Travels