About Mrs Jetplane Pug Love Mrs Jetplane Cooks email me twitter rue la la one kings lane gilt groupe Image Map

Fellow Travelers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Keeping it Healthy...

Mrs. Jetplane is now going to give you one of her favorite homemade salad dressing recipes. Its a low fat Poppy Seed salad dressing. Yes, I said Poppy Seed and its really good.

I serve this salad dressing over 2 different type of salad. This does make for a sweet salad dressing.

1. Spinach, Strawberry, Pine Nuts, and cubed precooked chicken.
2. Spinach, canned Mandarin oranges, thinly sliced red onion, and pine nuts.

3/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1tbsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 small red onion (chopped)
1 cup oil (I use EVOO)
1/3 c. seasoned rice vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds

Combine sugar, dry mustard, salt, red onion, oil, vinegar and poppy seeds in a blender.

I'll admit I don't use this recipe to the tee. Sometimes I add a little more mustard.

FYI - got the dog painting sitting in my office as I type. It is adorable and I actually cried when she brought it in. Mama and Pops Jetplane are going to flip out when they see it. I'm going to mail it to them next week. Its an oil painting so I want to give it plenty of time to dry. Can't wait to post pics of it tonight.

4 comments:

Muffy said...

Sounds DELICIOUS!!!!

Running In Stilettos said...

I just finished a post about needing to lose some "fluff" (well that, and a hysterical attempt at striptease classes). But this recipe might help move the weight loss process along! Thanks for the yummies!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yummy!

your parents are going to be so happy. i did something similar with a photo of their old dog last year for christmas and then boo-hooed when they opened it.

Girl Meets Beau said...

Mmm I love poppyseed dressing! Trying this soon!

Reading Material

Past Travels